VEGAN MATCHA AVOCADO ICE CREAM, anyone?
Admit you want it.
Would you want it even more if I told you that it was a way to get your greens in & curb your ice cream craving simultaneously?
Admit you would.
I’d love me too.
If you don’t know, now you know… matcha & avocado are way up on my list of fave greens! You can imagine how pumped I was when I threw a bunch of clean ingredients into my blender & this ice cream came to life!
It’s vegan, gluten, refined sugar & dairy free, packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, protein, vitamins & minerals & TASTES ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT!
What’s cool about this recipe is that you can also make it into popsicles or ice cube-sized bites, if you prefer!
The texture is GOALS. It’s creamy, smooth, thick, rich & feels & tastes just like the real deal! I topped it with shredded coconut & my fave granola these days: Living Intentions Hemp & Banana Granola for some added crunch! You can find it HERE or at most health food stores. Trust me, you want it just as much as this ice cream. IT’S THAT GOOD.
In case you were wondering, yes, this ice cream is raw evidence (It’s the lawyer in me, #sorrynotsorry), that you can have your ice cream IN A HEALTHY WAY without feeling bad about it & more importantly, without feeling like complete cr*p after eating it! It contains NOTHING BAD. NO BS. NO PRESERVATIVES. NO FILLERS. JUST REAL FREAKING FOOD.
I don’t think I need to tell you that both matcha & avocado are SO GOOD FOR YOU. I mean, antioxidants, fibre, detoxifying perks, chlorophyll, immunity boosting, skin healing, gut repairing, sustained energy without the caffeine boost, healthy fats, plant protein… the list goes on & Lord knows I could go on for dayzzzzzzz! But I’ll spare ya & we’ll get started with the recipe!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 cup light coconut milk (or swap for any other plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1 tsp. Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Ceylon cinnamon drizzle
- TOPPINGS: Shredded coconut, cinnamon, granola &/or cacao nibs!
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug & blend until smooth & creamy. Taste & adjust sweetness if you wish!
- Put the ice cream into a container (or popsicle moulds/ice cube tray) & freeze for at least 6 hours until frozen.
- To serve, remove from freezer, let thaw for about 15 minutes & top with desired toppings! I like shredded coconut, cinnamon, granola &/or cacao nibs!
- ENJOY! 🙂