My fave recipe that I prepped for meal prep this weekend has got to be this one! I usually fall in love at first bite with every recipe I prep on a weekly basis but there’s always one that just shines more than the rest or that sticks with me because of how delicious it is! THIS ONE IS THAT. It’s a main dish in & of itself, but it’s also a great one to have on hand for the week because you’re not restricted in terms of how you can eat it or add it to recipes!
Also, it’s safe to say I’m becoming a pro at roasted chicken! The trick is always to broil it once it’s roasted to get it super crispy on the outside but keep it juicy & tender on the inside!
I kept the seasonings here super simple, the stars of the show being the lemon, sriracha & maple syrup! I threw on some spices & wanted to let the flavours of the veggies shine, especially once they’re roasted! Theres just something about the taste of roasted veggies that takes them up a whole notch, you feel me boo? Plus, as I’ve gotten more experienced in the kitchen, I’ve learned that you can get away with simplicity sometimes because minimal ingredients means you give every magical ingredient in the recipe a chance to shine & bring out the flavours in the others! I usually like to complement sweet with citrus & a little bit of spice!
What’s also great (as if you needed more things to rave about this dish) about this dish is that you get your protein, healthy fats, veggies, antioxidants, fibre & tons of vitamins & minerals! It’s also a very presentable & doable dish if you’re having guests over & you want to WOW them! Trust me, this one’s bound to do the trick! TRY ME (& let me know what they think!).
So, what do you need to wow your guests (or yourself) with this recipe?
Let me explain!
- 1 package of chicken scallopini
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp. Sriracha, depending on how spicy you want it
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium white onion, sliced lengthwise
- 2 heaping handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 package of Cremini or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a deep baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Clean your chicken & add it to a large mixing bowl with all the other ingredients (spices, veggies, sauces… THE WORKS!). Toss to combine with a wooden spoon or spatula until all chicken & veggies are coated in the seasoning.
- Place the veggies & chicken in the baking dish! Try your best to get your veggies to be the “bed” for the chicken! Move ’em around if you have to or simply lift the chicken with a pair of tongs or a fork to make sure it’s piled on top of the veggies before roasting it.
- Roast the chicken for 30 minutes at 350F.
- Once roasted, set your oven to HIGH BROIL & broil the chicken for 6-7 minutes, until browned & crispy on the outside! This is the trick to keeping its super tender & juicy on the inside but just the right amount of crispy on the outside!
- ENJOY! :))
- Leftovers will keep well if sealed in an airtight container & refrigerated!