LEMON BALSAMIC ROSEMARY ROASTED VEGGIES!
As you guys know, I can’t go a week without prepping a massive batch of roasted veggies (I have a whole blog post all about how I roast my veggies if you want to check it out: My Go-To Guide For Roasting & Sautéing Veggies From Start To Plate To Devour a.k.a. Making Your Meals (& Life) Easier One Day At A Time!).
Roasted veggies are great to have on hand throughout the week because they make for great side dishes or toppings for bowls & mix-ins for salads & they make it easy to eat healthy & stay on track!
For this recipe, I combined Brussels sprouts, bell peppers, white onion & carrots for a crispy, crunchy batch filled with tons of bright veggies a.k.a. antioxidants, greens for chlorophyll, fibre & detoxifying & onion for digestion & heart health!
I kept the seasoning minimal, but still so flavourful – all it’s made with is balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, rosemary, garlic powder & sea salt & black pepper to taste! I really wanted the flavour of the rosemary to shine here, so I kept the rest of the seasonings a little less complex than usual!
If rosemary isn’t your jam, you can switch it up for basil or thyme for similar flavour or chives (for a lighter flavour). BTW, rosemary is actually an underestimated spice that has a few health benefits to rave about, such as: migraine relief, immune system & memory booster, improves mood & helps the body cope with stress & anxiety, freshens breath, improves circulation & regulates bowel movements & gastrointestinal health.
Now, without further ado, let’s get to the recipe!
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add all your veggies to a large bowl & season with sauces / spices directly in the bowl. Toss gently with a wooden spatula.
- Once the veggies are coated in the marinade, place them on the baking sheets, making sure not to pile them too much.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes & then broil on high for 5-6 minutes to get the outsides extra crispy & browned. Watch closely to make sure your house doesn’t go on fire. KIDDING. But seriously, watch closely to make sure they don’t burn!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate.