SAUTÉED COCONUT GINGER ASPARAGUS!
Ready in under 10 minutes? YES.
Crispy, crunchy, flavourful & delicious? YES!
Full of aminos acids, enzymes, anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting & antibacterial ingredients? YES!
Great for meal prep? YES!
Asparagus is green so we’re off to a good start, right? No, but seriously, asparagus offers TONS of health benefits! It’s full of antioxidants, which make it great for boosting the immune system, promoting healthy radiant skin, fighting aging in all our bodily organs & functions & warding off oxidative damage & stress, and thereby, preventing certain types of infection &/or disease.
It also contains pre-biotics, which is basically the FOOD OR FUEL for the good bacteria lining our gut, a.k.a. it allows the probiotics in our digestive system to thrive & to promote healthy digestion!
It’s also an amazing source of fibre, which also helps with digestion, but also helps lower bad cholesterol levels, maintain healthy blood sugar levels & promotes heart health. It’s also a great source of plant protein & tons of other vitamins & minerals!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends chopped
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Red pepper chilli flakes & lemon juice for topping
- Add the asparagus to a large skillet, & season with the rest of the ingredients. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray & toss to coat.
- Heat the skillet over medium high heat & sauté the asparagus for 5-7 minutes, until it turns bright green but it’s still crispy & crunchy! Watch it closely so that it doesn’t get too wilted! Lower the heat to medium if it’s cooking too quickly.
- Top with red pepper chilli flakes & squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it & ENJOY!