GLUTEN-FREE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN COOKIES, anyone?!
Healthy fats? Yes!
Soft & chewy? Yes!
Flourless & gluten-free? Yes!
The base of these babies is almond butter & coconut flour. Almond butter is my go-to nut butter because it’s creamy, smooth & delicious, but also keeps me energized, full & satisfied!
Almonds are amazing for so many reasons: they contain magnesium, which is great for digestion & muscle strength & recovery, as well as vitamin E, which provides tons of antioxidants & boosts skin cell replenishment & renewal. They’re also super alkalizing & you know what they say? Disease can’t thrive in an alkaline environment!
The trick to getting the cookies super soft & pillowy is the coconut flour & almond milk, which adds moisture!
And to cut back on sugar, I combined dark chocolate chips with raw organic cacao nibs, which also provide tons of magnesium, antioxidants & iron!
Who knew you could get all of THAT in just one cookie? Trust me, you want & need these babies in your life!
Oh & how much more would you love me if I told you that I dosed these babies up with some sprouted vanilla protein to add texture, flavour & most importantly, the fuel & amino acids your body needs to thrive, repair its cells & build muscle & strength?
Admit you really really really really want to know what you need to whip these babies up!
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (or sub for other nut butter of your choice OR nut-free option: hemp seed butter or sunflower seed butter)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. homemade vanilla cinnamon almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Iron Vegan vanilla sprouted protein powder
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. raw organic unsweetened cacao nibs
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS: organic shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add all the ingredients (except chocolate chips & cacao nibs) to a medium mixing bowl & stir with a wooden spoon until the ingredients are fully combined & incorporated.
- Fold in the cacao nibs & chocolate chips. The dough will be slightly sticky, so don’t worry!
- Use a tbsp. to portion out the cookies, roll them into balls, place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet & flatten slightly.
- Bake the babes for 10 minutes, until they’re slightly golden brown around the edges. Don’t be fooled & over-bake them. They might look slightly under-baked when you remove them from the oven, but they’ll firm up a bit once they cool!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes a.k.a. ENJOY RIGHT AWAY… DUH!!
- Store the babes in an airtight container & refrigerate.