BANANA CHOCOLATE FIBRE-PACKED OVERNIGHT CHIA PUDDING for #BREAKYGOALS!
Do you dream of having your breaky ready & waiting for you in the morning to save you time & motivate you to eat healthy? SAME. I’m about to make your chia pudding breaky dreams come true!
This chia pudding is easy, quick, simple & so nutritious!
It’s low in sugar, high in fibre, protein & anti-inflammatory, skin glowing, gut healing healthy fats & contains tons of antioxidants, vitamins & minerals for overall health!
It’s creamy, rich, indulgent, chocolatey & tastes just like dessert. Think CHOCOLATE BANANA CREAM PIE 2.0. I’ll take that for breaky, you?
I topped it off with some sea salted cashews & Ceylon cinnamon & added some thin slices of banana around the glass, ’cause ya know, PRESENTATION IS EVERYTHING! Okay, maybe not everything, but you know what they say, right? WE EAT WITH OUR EYES FIRST!
There are some fun facts about chia seeds, aside from the fact that they are loaded with digestion-boosting fibre, antioxidants & omega fatty acids to help fight inflammation & boost skin & gut health.
They contain 64% more potassium than a banana!
6x more calcium than milk!
100% more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon!
6x more iron than spinach!
32% of the recommended daily value of magnesium!
2x the antioxidants found in blueberries!
41% of the recommended daily value of fibre!
More niacin (vitamin B3, responsible for maintaining healthy skin, treating diabetes, lowering bad cholesterol levels & the risk for heart disease, boosting brain power & increased energy levels!)
NOW TELL ME, HOW BAD DO YOU WANT THIS CHIA PUDDING IN YOUR LIFE THOUGH?
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp. organic chia seeds (I used Prana ProActiv ground chia seeds for extra probiotics!
- 1/2 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 1/2 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Milk a.k.a. Oh-Really?-Store-Bought-Almond-Milk-Still-Exists?-No-Thanks!
- 1/4 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- TOPPING: Sea salted cashews & more cinnamon
- Mash the banana in a medium bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients (except toppings) & stir to combine. I kept some banana chunks in there for added texture.
- Pour into a mason jar or Tupperware & refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- IN THE MORNING: Pour the pudding into a bowl, give it a good stir, add toppings of your choice & enjoy!
- This should keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days!