Today, I whipped up this super delicious CHOCOLATE PROTEIN COFFEE SMOOTHIE (with hidden veggies, DUH!).
OK, WHO’S WITH ME? … Chocolate + coffee = LOVE!!!! (How fitting that my two true loves come together on Valentine’s day to wow me with this delish smoothie!)
I mean, chocolate with anything is pretty much a dream come true! The chocolate protein adds richness to the coffee, the banana adds natural sweetness, fibre, potassium & creaminess & the vanilla takes this baby up a notch!
I threw in some steamed & frozen cauliflower & organic frozen butternut squash ‘cause HEALTH BENEFITS & REDUCED SUGAR!
Never tried adding veggies to your smoothie? FEAR NOT! Since the flavours are so subtle, they get masked by all the other delicious flavours, yet add such creamy, silky, smooth volume perfect for getting your smoothie fix with less sugar!
This smoothie is great either as breaky (if you throw in some fats, like nut butter, chia, flax or hemp hearts) or as an afternoon pick me up! It’s rich & indulgent, plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, packed with antioxidants, fibre, protein, natural sweetness & vitamins & minerals that heal from the inside out.
All you need are a few simple ingredients, 5 minutes & A HUNGRY TUMMY! How does it taste? THINK MOCHA FRAP, BUT HEALTHY! You munchkins know that I’m all about health & nutrition without sacrificing flavour & taste, right? Well if you didn’t know, now you know (& this smoothie will show you just that!).
- 1/2 cup Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Milk a.k.a. Oh-Really?-Store-Bought-Almond-Milk-Still-Exists?-No-Thanks! (or any other plant-based milk or regular milk, of your choice)
- 2 Nespresso coffee vanillio pods, freshly brewed & cooled off
- 1 tbsp. Iron Vegan vegan sprouted chocolate protein OR raw organic unsweetened cacao powder (You can also use any other protein powder of your choice or swap the protein for collagen)
- A heaping handful of organic frozen butternut squash
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 5 chunks steamed + frozen cauliflower
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 frozen banana
- A handful of ice cubes
- OPTIONAL: 1-2 dates, pitted OR 1 tsp. maple syrup (for a bit of extra sweetness)
- TOPPINGS: Frozen or fresh blueberries & Ceylon cinnamon
- Steam a head of cauliflower for 5-7 minutes, until tender when poked with a knife or fork. Allow the cauliflower to cool completely. Once cooled, transfer it to ziploc bag, making sure not to overpack it & freeze. I lay the cauliflower flat & freeze the bag on a flat surface to prevent from clumping.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until smooth!
- For extra sweetness, add more banana, vanilla, cinnamon, dates &/or maple syrup
- For extra thickness/creaminess, add more banana, cauliflower, butternut squash, protein powder &/or ice
- For thinner consistency, add more almond milk/other milk &/or filtered water
- Top & enjoy! :))