HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY BABES!
What better way to celebrate than with some homemade healthier chocolate bark?
It’s so easy & simple to make & it’s the perfect gift for your loved ones or yourself!
Chocoholic or not, you’ll LOVE it! It’s loaded with all the goods: hazelnuts, sea salted cashews, goji berries & dried tart cherries A.K.A. antioxidants, healthy fats, protein, fibre & LOTS of deliciousness!
You can switch up the add-ins & customize the bark to your liking: almonds, walnuts, peanuts, raisins, dates, dried apricots or blueberries would work great also! You can even make it vegan or nut-free by using some vegan chocolate & your fave dried fruit & seeds!
As you guys most probably know, my chocolate of choice is dark (at least 70%: it contains less sugar & is just overall healthier), but in honour of V-day, I went with organic milk chocolate! YOU ONLY V-DAY ONCE A YEAR, SO YOLO! Chocolate is something that I told myself I was NOT willing to give up on my journey towards living a healthier lifestyle. I’ve always been a chocolate lover & as you guys know, I’m not for giving up the things that I love!!!!
Wanna know how simple this recipe is? All you gotta do is melt the chocolate, pour it onto a baking sheet, flatten it out, add the toppings & BAM! You don’t even need to bake it!
So what do you need to make this deliciousness?
- 3 organic milk chocolate bars (300g), crumbled
- I used Green & Black’s organic almond & milk chocolate.
- IF VEGAN: Swap for vegan chocolate
- 1/3 cup raw organic hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup dried organic tart cherries
- 1/3 cup organic Goji berries
- 1/3 cup organic sea salted cashews
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon for drizzling
- Chop the chocolate & place it in a metal bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce heat to medium, place the bowl with the chocolate over the pot & stir regularly, removing from heat as needed, until chocolate is silky smooth & melted.
- Pour melted chocolate onto a parchment-lined baking sheet & spread it with a spoon into an even layer.
- Add toppings & gently press them into the chocolate. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Let the bark dry at room temperature until set OR freeze it to firm it up faster.
- Once firm, break the bark into pieces & ENJOY! 🙂
- Store in an airtight container & freeze any leftovers to keep them fresh & to prevent them from softening!