Okay, so we’re almost through with this week’s meal prep, but we’re not quite there JUST YET! I’ve got just a bit more deliciousness up my sleeve for you!
You guys know I’m all about chicken breast, ground chicken & turkey, but this weekend, I got a little experimental & made some chicken drumsticks & let me tell you, the experiment was well worth the ride! They came out SO DELISH, it’s crazy! I roasted & broiled them on a bed of bell pepper & onion, which added even more flavour (as if all the spices & seasonings I used weren’t enough!).
All this to say, guys… the flavour on these is INSANE! There’s just something about the way the lemon, sriracha & Dijon come together as the chicken bakes over the sweet onion! The smoked paprika adds a hint of smokiness & of course, KITK added a touch of maple syrup ‘cause why the F not?
These drumsticks are roasted to perfection & then broiled until they get just the right amount of crispy on the outside! I took off the skin to make these even healthier (Yes, the task required a little more work & getting my hands dirty, but it was worth it!). You can totally keep the skin on if you wish! The drumsticks will definitely crisp up a little more & probably be slightly tastier, ’cause ya know, the skin is where it’s at for some people!
What’s great about this dish is how versatile it is: You can meal prep these babies & have them ready for you & the fam all week or you can make this as a main dish if you’re hosting! You’ll be sure to wow your guests & guess what? I GUARANTEE IT (And let’s be honest, with my legal background, I’m not one to guarantee very often… but with these, I’m just so so certain!).
So what do you need to make them? Wait until you see how simple the ingredients are… YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE ME EVEN MORE!
- 1 large pack of chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. Sriracha
- 2 tbsp. raw organic Dijon mustard
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- 3-4 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- A splash of pure organic maple syrup
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Clean & de-skin your chicken drumsticks & slice your veggies. Add the chicken & veggies to a large bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a deep baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a bowl & whisk until combined & incorporated.
- Add the drumsticks & veggies to a large bowl, pour the marinade over them & toss gently to coat.
- Add the chicken & veggies to the baking tray, making sure not to layer them. Pour any leftover marinade over the veggies.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Broil on low for 10 minutes & then finish with a high broil for 5-7 minutes, until outsides are browned, roasted & crispy AF!
- ENJOY! :))