Gluten-Free Flourless Cauliflower Sun-Dried Tomato & Cilantro “Cheesy” Muffin Cups a.k.a. Savoury Muffins Are a Wonderful Thing (Oh & They Taste Like Pizza!)
GLUTEN-FREE FLOURLESS CAULIFLOWER, SUN-DRIED TOMATO & CILANTRO “CHEESY” MUFFIN CUPS, anyone?
I saw you, yes YOU, raise your hand. I know you want them. I mean… NO SHAME. I’D WANT THEM TO. HECK, I WANT THEM TOO.
Want them for breaky? No problem!
Lunch? Hell yes.
Dinner? Why not!?
What’s amazing about these babies is that they’re SO versatile, you can eat them all day long. AND TRUST ME, you’ll want to!
They’re made with just a few simple savoury & nutrient-packed ingredients & they’re super crispy, taste like cheese but without the dairy & will remind you of pizza! No joke!
Serve them with your fave dip, guac, salsa, cottage cheese, sour cream, Greek yogurt, vegan cheese spread or pesto!
They’re packed with fibre, vitamin B12, protein, healthy fats, vitamin A, antioxidants & detoxifying herbs!
BTW, in case you were wondering, yes, it’s totally possible to create a savoury muffin & for it to be just as delicious (& probably even more nutritious) as a sweet baked treat!
Now, without further ado, let me break these babies down for you!
- 1 head of cauliflower, pulsed into rice (about 3 cups of cauliflower rice)
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast (or replace with cheddar / mozzarella shreds or vegan shredded cheese)
- 1 egg
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Coconut oil cooking spray or parchment liners
HOW? (makes 12 muffin cups)
- Blanch the cauliflower florets on your stovetop in hot water for 8 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Drain well.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in the bowl of your food processor & pulse until a rice consistency is obtained.
- Place the cauli rice in a clean dishcloth & squeeze to drain as much liquid as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 375F & grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or line it with parchment liners. Don’t skimp on the greasing / parchment liners or you’ll have a very hard time getting them out of the muffin tin!
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl & mix until fully combined.
- Scoop the mixture into each muffin tin, filling them 3/4 way.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden & the middle is no longer soft (do a knife test!).
- Once baked, broil on high for 3-4 minutes to get the tops super crispy (keep a close eye!).
- ENJOY! :))