The Chewiest Almond Flour Cookies On This Planet!
Guys, these cookies are legit a pillow. They’re a pillowy dream come true (no pun intended).
THEY ARE SO SCRUMPTIOUSLY CHEWY, like they melt in your mouth. I have to say that I think they are one of my fave recipes. EVER. LIKE EVER & I MEAN, EVER!!!!!
They’re absolutely delicious, super quick & easy to whip up & are perfect for anyone who’s vegan, gluten-free or paleo & OF COURSE, ANYONE WHO LOVES COOKIES. I mean, who doesn’t? My dad came back for seconds about a minute after devouring the first one, so you can imagine how delicious they are. OH & to top it all off? He then called me from the office the next day & said everyone in his office was requesting for me to bake them a fresh batch! Trust me, you want & need these in your life too.
The base of them is almond flour, so they’re loaded with tons of health benefits from antioxidants to healthy fats to fibre to protein & they’re also low carb.
They contain vitamin E, iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, calcium & are low on the glycemic index, so they’re also great for anyone trying to cut back on sugar!
The walnuts add that perfect little touch of crumble to complement the chewiness of the cookie dough… MY GOD, I could go on for days about them, but let’s get to the recipe!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp. melted organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- A handful of raw organic crumbled walnuts (or any other nut of your choice!)
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients (except walnuts / other nuts) to a mixing bowl & mix until fully combined & incorporated. The dough will be relatively sticky, but you should be able to pick it up & roll it into a ball. Once the dough is ready, add the walnuts / other nuts & gently fold them in to the batter.
- Shape the dough into balls & using your hands, press down gently to flatten. They will spread a bit during baking.
- Place the babes on the baking sheet & bake for 8 minutes (BE CAREFUL: They can burn easily, so keep a close eye on them!). The cookies might look slightly under-done, but WORRY NOT! That’s how they should look. The final result will be a chewy, slightly undercooked pillowy cookie!
- ENJOY! 🙂
- Store in an airtight container & refrigerate for optimal freshness!