Thick & Creamy Gut-Healing Bone Broth Collagen Veggie Blender Soup a.k.a. OHMAGAWD, I Died & Went To Soup Heaven!
NEXT UP: THICK & CREAMY GUT-HEALING BONE BROTH COLLAGEN VEGGIE BLENDER SOUP!
The star ingredient in this baby is the Vital Proteins Chick Bone Broth Collagen! I’ve literally been dying to try this product & I just never got around to it until this weekend! AND OHMYGOODNESS, I don’t know how I waited this long! It gives the soup (& probably just about anything you use it in) the richest, creamiest, silkiest & thickest texture ever! You can’t even compare it to regular chicken broth in terms of how much it’ll amp up your soup & take it to the next level! But do not worry my loves, if you don’t have it, I’ll tell you what to do instead!
Bone broth is an amazing source of collagen, protein, hyaluronic acid & essential + non-essential amino acids. It’s easy to digest, protects joints, contains nutrients that support immunity & brain health, heals the body from the inside out, promotes healthy digestion, gut health & healthy skin, detoxifies & boosts the metabolism.
My choice of veggies?: Butternut squash, broccoli, red & white onion & carrots! I threw in tons of savoury + anti-inflammatory spices, bone broth (DUH!), my fave organic marinara for extra thickness & blended it!
The butternut squash provides tons of antioxidants, fibre & good carbs, while the red & white onion reduce inflammation, boost immunity & regulate blood sugar & the carrots provide even more antioxidants, help boost eye & heart health! OH & the broccoli? Of course, the broccoli! It gives you your greens fix, contains tons MORE antioxidants, promotes healthy digestion & provides a good dose of fibre, which helps lower cholesterol levels & maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
The result? A thick, creamy, delicious nutrient-rich soup!
BTW GUYS, I was so tempted by this soup the second I poured it into a large bowl to cool off that I just HAD TO serve myself a bowl & have it as an early dinner! I topped mine off with some fresh cilantro & chia seeds for added fibre & omega fatty acids & OHMAGAWD. I died & went to soup heaven.
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled & cubed
- 1 head of broccoli, florets only
- 5-7 medium carrots, peeled & sliced
- 8 cups of water OR 6 cups of veggie/chicken/beef broth & 2 cups of water (if you’re not using the bone broth powder)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins chicken bone broth collagen
- 1/4 cup organic marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- A few pinches cayenne
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- TOPPINGS: chia seeds for fibre+ cilantro for greens & detox!
- Add veggies & 8 cups of water (or broth/water if you aren’t using the bone broth powder) to a large deep skillet & bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, add the bone broth powder & stir to combine. Lower heat to a simmer, cover & let cook for about 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender & soft.
- Remove the skillet from the heat & add the soup to your blender (in batches, to prevent overflowing) OR use your immersion blender & blend until combined & creamy, with all the spices & marinara sauce.
- I used my Breville Boss Blender, which has a soup function, but any blender will work just fine!
- Pour into a large bowl to cool off before refrigerating (if you don’t plan on eating it right away).
- Top with chia/flax/pumpkin seeds & fresh herbs & enjoy!