Raw Vegan Sweet Onion, Balsamic, Apple Cider & Maple Vinaigrette a.k.a. Take Your Salad From Zero to 100 Real Quick!
It’s been a hot minute since I whipped up a delicious salad dressing (Yes, that’s me implying that my salad dressings are usually delish!). I did say usually, because ya know, to each their own! But seriously, this one’s INSANE! It’s so different than anything I’ve made before.
What I love about it is that it’s made with A REAL ONION (& NOT ONION POWDER). While I do love onion powder & it’s a staple spice in my kitchen, there’s nothing I love more than using RAW REAL FOOD. Not only do you get the full nutrient capacity from the food but you also get the most flavour!
So what exactly is this dressing I speak of? Well for one, you know it contains an onion, but what’s more? It’s made with balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar & maple syrup!
It’s super easy, delicious & guaranteed to take any salad from zero to 100 real quick!
Can’t stomach apple cider vinegar but want all the health benefits? I gotchu! This dressing packs over almost 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, but because of all the other sweet & delish flavours, you’d never know it!
It’s creamy, rich, super savoury & just the right amount of naturally sweet! All you need are a few simple ingredients & your blender!
OH & in case you’re wondering why I make my own salad dressing? Next time you’re at the grocery store, turn the bottle you’re about to buy over & read the ingredients list. Odds are, sugar is in the top five, not to mention all the food colourings & preservatives/fillers/gums in there to make the dressing last G-d knows how long. There’s a reason it’s able to sit on that grocery shelf for months before it’s sold… AND YOU DON’T WANT THAT REASON GOING INTO YOUR BODY! Trust me!
- 1 cup sweet white onion (about 1/2 large onion)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- Add 1-2 more tbsp. for a sweeter dressing / to make the onion flavour a bit more mild
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. filtered water (to blend)
- Simply add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until smooth & creamy!
- Taste test & adjust seasonings, if you wish! You can also add more water, balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar if you want to thin it out a bit.
- ENJOY with your fave salad!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate!