KALE, ASPARAGUS, ONION & SPROUTED GREEN LENTIL CURRY SAUTÉ, anyone?
Me + plant-based protein = LOVE! <3
Green lentils are an amazing source of iron, fibre & protein. They promote healthy digestion, protect heart health & prevent energy slumps / fatigue. And when they’re sprouted, our bodies are better able to absorb all these amazing vitamins & nutrients & use them for fuel & to keep us healthy!
My fave brand of sprouted lentils is Tru Roots! If you don’t have any sprouted lentils on hand, WORRY NOT: you can sprout them yourself by simply soaking them in water for at least 8 hours or overnight & then drain & rinse them thoroughly before cooking!
I tossed them with some Indian spices, GREENS for calcium, antioxidants, fibre, detoxifying benefits, vitamin A, C & E & chlorophyll & this babe of a dish was born!
This curry is great for meal prep because you can eat it as is as a meal, but you can also use a smaller quantity as a topping for bowls to add some plant-based protein to the mix! It’s also super pretty (let’s be honest), which makes it great as an easy & simple dish to prepare when you’re having guests over!
You’re seriously going to be so shocked at just how easy it is to make, I’m not even kidding! All you gotta do is cook your lentils, set ’em aside, sauté your veggies, spice it up add the lentils & BAM!
Without further ado, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!
- 1 cup sprouted green lentils (I use TruRoots), cooked
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 head of kale, stemmed & chopped
- 1 bunch of asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1.5 heaping tsp. curry powder
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Cook your lentils according to package directions. Once cooked, drain & set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with coconut oil. Heat over medium high heat. Once hot, add the onion & sauté until it starts to soften (5 minutes).
- Add the asparagus & sauté for another 3-5 minutes, until bright green.
- Lower the heat to medium. Remove your skillet from the stove. Add the kale, spices & lemon, toss to combine & sauté until the kale is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the lentils & toss to combine. Throw in the cilantro & another squeeze of lemon juice! Taste & adjust seasonings, if you wish!
- ENJOY! :))