GLUTEN-FREE CRUMBLY AF CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PROTEIN COOKIES, BABY!!!!
Don’t knock ‘em until you try ‘em!
These cookies are a chocolate lover’s DREAM COME TRUE. You can’t even taste the avocado but Lord knows you’ll reap all the benefits: glowing skin, anti-aging, healthy anti-inflammatory omega fatty acids, greens, fibre & digestive health, vitamin K, liver protection & heart health.
Where do they get their crumble? The mixture of gluten-free oat flour with coconut flour… A BEAUTIFUL BLEND, so beautiful, I knew they’d turn out this perfect before I even baked them!
They’re all things:
- simple & easy to make!
- clean & made with real food!
- naturally sweet!
- chocolatey AF!
- a great way to satisfy a sweets craving!
- full of vegan sprouted protein to make these the perfect post-workout snack!
- easy to digest!
- light & airy, but super satisfying & filling!
I’m keeping this post short & sweet because I can’t keep them from you any longer, literally.
So let’s get right to the nitty-gritty!
- 1 + 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 3/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut sugar
- Add an extra 3 tbsp. or 1/4 cup if you want a sweeter cookie
- 1/4 cup of Iron Vegan sprouted chocolate protein
- 1/4 cup raw organic unsweetened cacao powder
- A heaping 1/4 cup of mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- OPTIONAL: Chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the flour, sea salt, baking soda, coconut sugar, protein & cacao powder to a large mixing bowl & stir with a wooden spatula to combine.
- Add the mashed avocado, almond milk, vanilla & egg whites & continue to stir until combined, but not overworked. The goal is for all the flour to be absorbed by the wet ingredients; there should be no flour leftovers at the bottom of the bowl. You will most probably have to get your hands in there to squish it all together! The dough should be crumbly but you should be able to roll it into a ball & flatten it.
- IF YOU’RE ADDING CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Fold them into the batter.
- Using a tbsp., scoop the dough, roll it into balls, place it on the baking sheet, press down & flatten into cookie shapes, then use a fork to create a criss-cross design on the tops. The cookies will spread a bit during baking so make sure to place them about an inch or 2 apart.
- Bake at 350F for about 12 minutes. Let the babes cool on the baking sheet.
- ENJOY! :))
- Store them in an airtight container or Ziploc & refrigerate for up to one week.