FUN FACT: Matcha contains 137 times the amount of free radical-fighting antioxidants as other green teas.
JUST KIDDING. I’VE GOT A WHOLE POST COMING YOUR WAY.
I mean… when do I not? LAWL.
I made this baby with Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen to refuel after my boxing class today & OHMAHGAWD, I’ve never seen a frothier latte in my entire life. And guess what? It all went down in my blender! I didn’t even have to use a milk frother. The matcha collagen by Vital Proteins is THAT creamy & has such a perfect texture that you don’t need much more! OH & don’t get me started about the frothiness of my Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Brazil Nut & Cashew Milk!
This latte isn’t just any latte, okay? It’s packed with tons & I mean, TONS of health benefits & nutrient-rich ingredients!
- Collagen for gut, skin & joint health, amino acids, muscle strength & recovery! To read more about the benefits of collagen, click here: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
- Matcha for detoxifying perks, antioxidants, a metabolism & mood boost, calming the mind & relaxing the body, fibre, chlorophyll, vitamin C, selenium, zing, magnesium & sustained energy.
- Ashwagandha for stress & anxiety relief, management of cortisol levels, energy, reducing blood sugar levels & antioxidants.
- Spirulina for plant protein, B vitamins, vitamin C, D, A & E, chlorophyll, detoxifying benefits, potassium, calcium & an immunity boost!
- Manuka honey for all the benefits of raw organic honey BUT ON STEROIDS! Okay, not actually, but you know what I mean. Manuka honey is basically the most concentrated & potent form of honey; so beneficial for your health that it’s actually been deemed MEDICINAL! It’s anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-fungal & anti-bacterial, contains tons of vitamin C & antioxidants, helps boost immunity, skin health & digestive health naturally & provides one of the healthiest forms of natural sweetness!
Who knew you could get all of this from just a latte, eh? Plus, you know when you get home from the gym & you feel like you really need a coffee to give refuel you with some energy, but you’re not down with the caffeine crash that’ll hit you mid-afternoon? THAT’S WHERE THIS BABY COMES IN.
Matcha contains caffeine just like coffee, but there’s a difference between the two & the way the body absorbs them.
- Caffeine in coffee can increase the level of cortisol (stress hormone) in the body. Caffeine stimulates the adrenal system, which initially boosts energy but then crashes it, A.K.A. THE ENERGY SLUMPS & the tendency to reach for sugar to gain back that “energy”. If you’re someone who constantly gets those mid-afternoon coffee & sugar cravings, it could be because you’re drinking too much coffee & your body is responding in such a way that it’s having a negative effect on you. Matcha might be a good alternative to have every once in a while to change things up from the coffee.
- The thing with matcha is that not only does it contain tons of antioxidants, vitamins & minerals, but it also provides a long & steady release of caffeine, which won’t leave you with those energy slumps or “coffee jitters”. With matcha, the caffeine is absorbed & released slowly by the body over a period of 6-8 hours. This means that matcha provides a SUSTAINABLE energy boost with without a spike, slump & the risk that you fall into that vicious cycle reaching for sweets until nightfall.
NOW, I’M NOT HERE TELLING YOU TO GIVE UP COFFEE BECAUSE I’D BE A HYPOCRITE. I drink coffee daily, but I do make a conscious effort to try not to overdo it. Usually, I have one per day (some days, if I’m studying or have a really busy day, I’ll have two). My body also doesn’t respond horribly to it & I don’t often find myself feeling those energy slumps or sugar cravings, so I listen to my body & I do what feels right in the moment. I’m just here to share some alternatives to coffee if you’re someone who finds that coffee doesn’t agree with your system as well as you want it to but you still want to get in a good dose of caffeine.
Without further ado, let’s discuss how you can make this baby come to life in like 5 minutes!
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 1/3 cup Homemade Brazil Nut & Cashew Milk, warmed up in a small skillet or microwave
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. manuka honey
- 1 tsp. spirulina (or chlorella)
- 1 tsp. ashwagandha (or chaga or maca)
- Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil.
- Once boiled, add the matcha collagen to the hot water, stir until fully dissolved & let cool slightly.
- In the meantime, warm your milk in a small skillet or microwave-safe glass.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug & blend until fully combined & FROTHY AF!
- Pour into a large mug & ENJOY! :)))