KITK’s Cleaner Take On Caramelized Onions & Mushrooms a.k.a. You Won’t Believe It’s Not Sugar or Butter!
Here’s my take on HEALTHIER CARAMELIZED ONIONS & MUSHROOMS!
These are great as is, but even better in a burger, as a topping for your steak, in a goat cheese & grilled veggie sandwich or as a topping for a Buddha bowl or a mix-in to spice up your salad a bit! HAVE FUN WITH THEM – they’re delicious!!!!
Traditional caramelized veggies contain tons of oil, refined sugar, table salt & sometimes, even butter!
These babies are made a little cleaner, but don’t worry – I never compromise flavour!
They’re vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free & contain no oil, butter or table salt! They’re made with JUST REAL FOOD. But let me tell ya, YOU’LL FOOL ‘EM ALL WITH THESE BABIES & you know what? YOU WILL EVEN FOOL YOURSELF! You won’t believe it’s not sugar. You won’t believe it’s not butter. I swear.
This recipe is super simple. It requires just under 15 minutes of your time, a stovetop, a skillet & some super simple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand! AND THEN… GET THIS: YOU’VE GOT DELICIOUS CARAMELIZED, STICKY, NATURALLY SWEET & SO DELICIOUS MUSHROOMS & ONIONS!
- 1 package Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium white onions, sliced lengthwise
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2-3 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add all your ingredients to a large skillet & toss to coat veggies in seasoning.
- Heat your skillet over high heat & cook veggies for about 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure they don’t stick.
- When you see the veggies are beginning to look a little sticky, lower your heat to medium & stir until veggies are browned, caramelized & fragrant (about 3-4 minutes more).
- Remove the skillet from the heat & top with some more minced onion & serve!
- ENJOY! :))