Gluten-Free Clean-Eating Apple Sauce Oatmeal Blender Muffins a.k.a. Fluff-Factor-100 (Oh & Yes, They Passed The “Dad Test”)!
This weekend, I split my meal prep up into two days & it actually worked out super well for me! I got so much done is smaller amounts of time & I’m so excited to share all the deliciousness I worked up in my kitch with you munchkins! One of the sweet treats I whipped up are these APPLE SAUCE OATMEAL BLENDER MUFFINS, which yes, you need to try, LIKE RIGHT FREAKING AWAY. LIKE NOW.
AND BTW, IN CASE YOU’RE WONDERING, YES, BLENDER MUFFINS ARE A THING. They are basically healthy apple pie, BUT IN MUFFIN FORM.
So what’s so great about them?
They’re flourless, dairy-free, low in sugar, refined sugar free, crumbly & fluffy, naturally sweetened, so delicious, simple & easy to make, gluten-free & possibly vegan!
They’re made with real food, real ingredients, NO BS!
They’re meal-prep friendly & great as breaky or as a snack!
The texture on these babies is INSANE. The Greek yogurt & applesauce helps give them that tenderness that you don’t always get in a muffin if it’s made with very thick & dense flours. And, don’t get me started about how fluffy these are – LIKE LEGIT… “ON A CLOUD” FLUFFY. I’m not even exaggerating.
The baked walnuts add just the right amount of crisp & crunch to the mix to complement the perfect texture (refer to above paragraph if you skipped through it & want to know all about how the texture on these babies is just absolutely marvellous). PLUS. the nuts give it that extra apple pie / crumble feel, ya dig?
AND BEST OF ALL, THEY PASSED THE “DAD TEST”. The thing is, let’s just say my dad isn’t as D with the healthy food & added sugar alternatives as I am. I mean, I’m getting somewhere with him & I think that every week, it gets easier for him because it’s becoming a routine. BUT YA KNOW, he still misses his old ways a bit, I guess. BUT BUT BUT, when he bit into these babies, HE ASKED ME FOR ANOTHER ONE. He raved all day about how delish they were & may or may not have even had a second one.
Oh & when I told him they were naturally sweetened with just apple sauce & a bit of maple syrup, he was STUNNED. I think you will be too. TRY THEM!
Here’s how to get these babes to go down in your kitch STAT.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- Swap for the sweetened kind for a sweeter muffin)
- 2-3 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup OR raw organic honey
- Do 1/4 cup for a sweeter muffin)
- 1/4 cup plain organic Greek yogurt
- Sour cream will work too!
- 2 egg whites
- Sub for flax or chia egg for vegan option by combining 1 tbsp. flax/chia with 3 tbsp. warm water & let sit for 5 min.)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- TOPPING: Raw organic walnuts or pecans (crumbles) & Ceylon cinnamon
HOW? (makes 12 muffins):
- Preheat your oven to 400F & grease a muffin tin lightly or line it with parchment liners.
- If vegan: Make your flax/chia egg, according to instructions provided above in the ingredients list.
- Add all ingredients to your blender & blend until fully combined & incorporated, stopping to scrape the sides if necessary.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin directly from the blender pitcher. Sprinkle each muffin with the walnut/pecan crumbles & cinnamon.
- Try to hold a spoon near the spout of the pitcher (while pouring) to catch the batter & prevent dripping when moving from muffin cup to muffin cup.
- Bake the babes for 18-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown & the babes pass the toothpick test!
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the tin & ENJOY! 🙂