A lot of you have probably already seen this baby on my Instagram page, BUT since it’ll get diluted amongst all the pictures I’ll be posting in the next few days (cause let’s be honest, I post a heck of a damn lot!), I figured I’d get it up here permanently. I like to make sure that you guys always have a permanent reference point to come back to if ever the mood strikes you to make one of my recipes. AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT THIS IS ONE YOU WILL WANT TO COME BACK TO. Oh baby. It’s already become a classic for me. I had it again today. I mean, is that enough to call it a classic? In my world, it is, ok?
I whipped up this deliciousness this afternoon for a quick & easy afternoon pick-me-up! It’s delicious, refreshing, naturally sweet & low in sugar, dairy-free & made with just REAL INGREDIENTS, no BS, no refined sugar & no heavy cream!
Let’s have a little fun here – wanna see the ingredients on the actual Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino? Call it the real deal. Call it the best thing ever. Call it what you will. IMO, IT’S THE FURTHEST THING FROM REAL WHEN IT COMES TO INGREDIENTS. I mean… there is STRAIGHT UP CARRAGEENAN IN THERE, to name just one of the alarming things.
Ice, Milk, Coffee Frappuccino Syrup [Sugar, Water, Salt, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid], Coffee, Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Milk, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan), Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid)], Mocha Sauce [Water, Sugar, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Vanillin].
Can we discuss how nearly every ingredient in this thing they call “food” contains sugar & wait for it… not only does nearly every ingredient contain sugar, BUT BUT BUT, sugar is the number one ingredient in the breakdown of every single one of them. WOW. JUST WOW.
BTW, yes, you scrolled up & read right: my version is REFINED/ADDED SUGAR-FREE!!!!
Now, let’s keep those ingredients you just read in mind & let’s talk about the ones in my baby of a frap!!!!!
- 2 pods of Nespresso ristretto (black ones), freshly brewed & cooled off
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant based milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. raw organic unsweetened cacao powder
- A handful or 2 of ice cubes (until you obtain the texture you want)
- Ceylon cinnamon
- OPTIONAL SWEETENERS: 1 tsp. organic coconut or date sugar, pure organic maple syrup, yacon syrup, coconut flower syrup or raw organic honey or 1/2 a pitted Medjool date
- OPTIONAL THICKENERS / ADD-INS: Collagen, protein powder, adaptogenic powders (maca, ashwagandha, chaga or resihi would work well!)
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Cacao powder, cinnamon, cacao nibs or coconut whipped cream
- Brew your coffee & let it cool for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined. Add 1 handful of ice to start, check on texture & add more as needed to thicken.
- Top with toppings of your choice & enjoy! 🙂