GREEK YOGURT VANILLA COCONUT PROTEIN BLONDIES, anyone?
HELLO. I AM ABOUT TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY OHMAHGOODNESS!
Okay, so I think it’s safe to say we’ve all tried a Starbucks vanilla latte at some point, right? DELISH, right? I know. We’re also all able to admit that it’s most probably not the healthiest though, right? TBH, I can’t remember the last time I had one but what I do remember is the smell these babes brought to my Kitch last night as they were baking – VANILLA LATTE, please! Only in HEALTHIER BROWNIE FORM!
These brownies are PACKED with protein from the Greek yogurt, oats & protein powder!
They’re dairy, gluten & refined sugar free!
The texture on them is HEAVENLY, like it’s God-sent!
They’re perfectly baked, crispy & crumbly on the outside & moist, dense & decadent on the inside!
They make for a great pre or post-workout snack & they’re super easy to take with you on-the-go to work or school as a healthy afternoon snack!
They’re EVEN BETTER after being refrigerated & topped with some raw almond, cashew, peanut or hazelnut butter!
Oh & did I mention how easy they are to make? Add the ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into baking dish. Bake. DEVOUR!
If you’re not a fan of protein powder or you don’t have any on hand, you can swap the protein powder for your favourite collagen! My personal fave, if you don’t know by now (which I’m sure you most certainly do) is VITAL PROTEINS! You can use my affiliate link located at the bottom of this post to purchase any & all of their products!
The only thing about using collagen or protein powders in recipes is that you need to keep in mind that the textures may vary – some are thicker, others are extra fine or more grainy! Based on the powder you decide to use, your texture might vary. If you find the batter is too thick, you can add in some more almond milk or vanilla extract & if it’s too runny or watery, you can add in more oats or protein/collagen, until it reaches its desired consistency. The batter should be thick AF & relatively sticky, like any brownie batter, but it shouldn’t be runny or watery to the point where you can legit pour it out.
ALSO, if you’re not a fan of shredded coconut & you’re more of a chocolate person, you can use vegan chocolate chips or any chocolate chips of your choice as a topping!
- 3/4 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (& more if batter is too thick)
- 1/2 cup raw organic unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats (& more if batter is too thick)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan vegan sprouted vanilla protein (& more if batter is too thick)
- As I mentioned earlier, feel free to swap for other protein or collagen, if you wish!
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- TOPPING: Organic unsweetened shredded coconut OR chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F & grease a rectangular or square baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients (except the shredded coconut) to your blender & blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish, top with the shredded coconut & bake for 20-22 minutes. Tops should be golden brown & don’t worry if it looks slightly under-baked. It’ll firm up.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for at least an hour to allow them to firm up slightly & to make slicing easier.
- ENJOY! 🙂