HOMEMADE VANILLA CINNAMON WALNUT MILK, anyone?!
GUYS, I can’t get enough of plant-based nut & seed milks, ohmygoodness! They’re delicious, nutritious, full of healthy fats, protein, fibre & omega fatty acids, silky, smooth, simple & easy to make & CONTAIN NO BS. NO SUGAR. NO GUMS. NO BINDERS. NO FILLERS. NO PRESERVATIVES. JUST REAL FOOD.
If you want some inspiration for other homemade plant-based milks, feel free to navigate on my blog! I’ve done oat, flax, hemp, cashew, almond, hazelnut chocolate & banana milk! They are ALL so delicious! SO delicious that they will make you forget all about real dairy milk. Like, you won’t miss it, you won’t feel you need it, you’ll just crave all the plant-based goodness! I seriously don’t know how I lived without them all my life. Okay, fine, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but you know what I mean. I LOVE PLANT BASED MILKS. POINT MADE.
This milk is rich, creamy, silky & smooth! The blend of vanilla, cinnamon & manuka honey provides just the right amount of sweetness to complement the nuttiness of the walnuts.
BONUS: The manuka honey adds tons of skin-enhancing benefits, as well as antioxidants, immunity-boosting compounds, vitamin C & gut-health benefits, while the cinnamon boasts anti-microbial, anti-fungal & anti-inflammatory perks & boosts heart health.
As for walnuts:
- Improve bone health
- Beneficial in reducing the risk of diabetes
- Prevent the growth of certain cancerous cells in the body
- Boost metabolism
- Alleviate mood, boost brain power & help reduce stress naturally
- Rich in protein & healthy omega fatty acids, which are anti-inflammatory & boost skin & gut health
- Promote a healthy circulatory system & heart
- Rich in antioxidants, which help fight off free radicals & protect against oxidative stress
- 1 cup raw organic walnuts (soaked in 3 cups of filtered water & sea salt, for at least 8 hours)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1 tsp. raw manuka honey OR 2 Medjool pitted dates (soaked for 10 minutes to make blending easier) OR 2 tsp. pure organic maple syrup
- A few pinches of sea salt
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Soak walnuts in water & sea salt overnight or for about 8 hours (minimum).
- Post-soak, drain & rinse the walnuts & add them to blender with 3 cups of filtered water. Blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour the milk through a nut milk bag & use your hands to strain out as much milk as possible.
- Rinse your blender, pour the strained milk back in with the add-ins & blend again for a minute.
- Pour the milk into an airtight container, let sit for about 20 minutes to let foam subside & refrigerate (It’ll last about 4-5 days).
- ENJOY as is, in overnight oats, with muesli, granola or cereal or in coffee & baked recipes! 🙂