Guys… this VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE CLEAN-EATING CREAMY BROCCOLI BLENDER SOUP will make all your winter soup dreams come true (& very, very, ridiculously, easy!!!!).
This soup is not only the easiest thing on this planet to make, but it’s probably one of the most delicious soups I’ve ever had in my entire life. It’s so creamy & thick that you’d think it was FULL of dairy, cheese, butter & cream but there’s actually NONE of that in here!
It’s vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar free, low sodium & makes for a great side dish or meal, if topped with some healthy fats & protein! I chose to top my bowl with some raw organic pumpkin seeds & red pepper chilli flakes to add some spice & heat!
Broccoli is an amazing source of vitamin K, C & folate, as well as fibre & potassium! Vitamin C helps form collagen, boosts immunity & contains antioxidants, which protect the body from oxidative stress & free radicals. Vitamin K is crucial for the maintenance of strong & healthy joints & bones. And well, FIBRE = DIGESTIVE HEALTH.
So yes, this soup is really DANG HEALTHY! But, it’ll remind you so much of winter comfort food that you’d never believe how clean it is!
The thing about soups is that sometimes, I get so lazy to make them. I’m just like not down with the whole process because let’s be honest, sometimes, soups take long. Yes, it’s worth it because they pack a heck of a nutritional punch, but sometimes, it’s hard to justify their worth when you’re feeling lazy. Well guess what? YOU CAN BE LAZY WITH THIS ONE, A.K.A. YOU CAN HAVE YOUR SOUP & EAT IT TOO. How awesome is that? I know, right?
I mean, the majority of this soup goes down in your freakin’ blender, a.k.a. all you have to do is press a button!
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Approximately 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut aminos
- 1.5 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- TOPPINGS: Raw organic pumpkin seeds & red pepper chilli flakes
- Heat a large & deep saucepan over medium-high heat, spray with coconut oil cooking spray & add the broccoli, onion, garlic & broth.
- Bring to a boil & then reduce the heat to medium & cook until the veggies become tender (about 15 minutes).
- Place the ingredients in blender/food processor & process until smooth, creamy & thick.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, add the remaining ingredients (coconut aminos & spices) & stir until fully combined & incorporated.
- Cook over medium heat until soup thickens slightly & is heated through.
- Top with pumpkin seeds & red pepper chilli flakes & ENJOY! :))