Vanilla Peach Superfood Protein Smoothie a.k.a. Know What I Mean? Peaches & Cream!
Today, as I got home from my orthodontist appointment, I realized that it had been a hot minute since I had a smoothie, so low & behold, what did I find myself doing minutes later? MAKING A SMOOTHIE! Now, y’all know I’m all about my green smoothies (Wanna know why?: Why I Add Greens To My Smoothies (Or Green Juice!).
But today, I changed up my smoothie game a little bit & I went for something a little less green, but still packed with ALL THE GOODS. The result? EPIC.
It’s literally a healthy version of peaches & cream BLENDED UP! You have no idea how delicious it is… I feel like I always say that but I mean, it’s kinda true… until you try it, IT YOU CAN’T ACTUALLY KNOW HOW GOOD IT IS, ya feel me? ALL THIS TO SAY, TRY IT.
It’s creamy, thick, silky, smooth, feels indulgent & packs so many nutritional perks & health benefits, but you’d never actually know it was THIS healthy. It’s just the right amount of naturally sweet, citrusy, tangy, vanilla-y & slightly spiced up thanks to the cinnamon!
THE STAR INGREDIENTS in here (I mean… realistically, they’re all stars, but ya know) are the peaches, royal jelly & marine phytoplankton!
- Peaches are rich in fibre, antioxidants, calcium, potassium, vitamin C, magnesium, iron & zinc. They fight inflammation, boost heart health, destroy candida, supports eye health & boost immunity.
- Due to their rich iron content, they may help prevent anemia, as well as urinary disorders.
- The zinc content helps with skin health & encourages healthy cell renewal & regeneration & in turn, skin rejuvenation.
- Peaches are also a great source of vitamin C, which helps boost collagen production & in turn, fight the signs of aging.
- Royal jelly is a substance produced by bees & contains significant amounts of protein, important for cell growth & reproduction. Just like some of the top uses for honey, royal jelly is known for its health benefits regarding:
- helping with asthma & fighting allergies & inflammation
- antioxidant content
- promoting healthy bone development & treating osteoporosis
- fighting the signs of aging
- boosting immunity
- antibacterial properties
- inhibiting cancer growth
- easing PMS
- providing energy & vitality
- stimulating collagen production & promoting skin health
- boosting fertility
- helping with wound healing
- digestive health benefits as it contains beneficial probiotics
- Marine phytoplankton is an aquatic micro-organism that is responsible for LITERALLY creating the Earth’s atmosphere & allowing life to flourish. It’s not actually a plant, but is rather a freshwater organism that contains nano-sized nutrient particles that are easily absorbed by the body & readily available for use at the cellular level. It’s vegan & very similar to spirulina & chlorella in terms of benefits, but it’s even more potent. Some of the health benefits of phytoplankton include:
- boosting cognitive function
- antiviral & antibacterial
- helping repair & renew cells: it does so by strengthening cell membranes & triggering the body to regenerate current cells & create new healthy ones.
- detoxifying the body: it has the same oxygenating & detoxifying effect on the body as it does on the ocean & is the best bioavailable source of SOD (superoxide dismutase), the body’s most powerful antioxidant enzyme that reduces oxidative damage & inflammation, as well as an effective heavy metal detox agent.
- antioxidants, which means it also has anti-cancer effects
- powerful anti-inflammatory
- boosts circulation
- lifts mood & boosts energy: studies have shown significant improvements in depression symptoms after regularly taking this supplement
- liver & immune system booster: phytoplankton is absorbed on a cellular level, which means the body does not rely on the digestive system or liver for processing. This may help restore liver health, without having an effect on the body’s detoxification pathways. Studies have also shown that when consuming phytoplankton, the amount of T cells is increased. T cells help eliminate virus & bacteria from the body, a.k.a. IMMUNITY.
- rich in amino acids, minerals & omega-3 fatty acids (EPA + DHA), which are all heart healthy. Omega fatty acids are crucial for heart health & the body does not have the ability to make them on its own, which is why we must consume enough of them!
- lastly, it has an alkaline pH & something that ALL living organisms & life forms on Earth depend on is maintaining appropriate pH levels. Diets high in refined sugars, processed & packaged foods & bad quality animal protein create a lot of acidity in the body & phytoplankton can be a great natural way to help restore the balance.
NOW, tell me this is not a superfood smoothie & I might just have to … KILL YOU! Kidding, I’d never do that. No, but seriously, this smoothie packs a hella bunch of health benefits!!!!!!
- 3/4 cup frozen peaches
- 3-4 chunks steamed & frozen cauliflower
- 3-4 pieces frozen mango
- 1/2 cup homemade vanilla cinnamon walnut milk (RECIPE COMING SOON!)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1.5-2 tbsp. Iron Vegan Vanilla Sprouted Vegan Protein
- 1.5-2 tbsp. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Swap for more protein if vegan!
- 1/2 tsp. royal jelly
- 1 tsp. marine phytoplankton
- Ceylon cinnamon
- TOPPINGS: Frozen blueberries, raspberries & Ceylon cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to your blender & blend until creamy & smooth, but still thick!
- Top with desired toppings & DEVOUR! 🙂