GLUTEN-FREE KALE BASIL & TOMATO ROSÉ ZOODLE PRIMAVERA, anyone?
I KNOW YOU WANT IT.
Last night, I was lazy. ‘NUFF SAID. But, as you guys know, laziness isn’t enough for me to order take-out or to skip dinner altogether. Laziness just means I whip up a quicker, simpler, still delicious & nutritious dinner. So, my loves, for those nights when that laziness hits, here’s a quick, easy, light, DELISH, clean, healthy & super satisfying dinner that’s ready in just 10 minutes!
I used zucchini noodles instead of red lentil pasta (my fave) because I simply didn’t feel like waiting for it to boil. REAL TALK. I sautéed some veggies & then sealed the deal with my go-to organic tomato sauce (when I don’t make my own) by Organico Bello! It’s super clean, healthy, delicious & contains only ingredients that I 200% stand by! I amped the sauce up a bit by throwing in a heaping tablespoon of organic Greek yogurt to make it creamier & to give it more of a rosé sauce vibe! If you’re vegan, you can totally sub the Greek yogurt for a non-dairy yogurt made with coconut or almonds!
I always like to top my zucchini noodle dish or any pasta, for that matter, with some nutritional yeast! It gives it an even creamier texture, makes it taste like cheese (without adding any actual dairy) & provides good amounts of protein & B12! If you prefer real deal cheese, you can top this dish with Parmesan or Romano!
So without further ado, since this recipe is supposed to be quick & easy, I’ll stop ranting. Let’s get to the nitty-gritty!
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 handfuls of Cremini mushrooms, diced
- A handful of kale
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4-1/2 cup Organico Bello Kale Basil & Tomato organic pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp. organic green yogurt (Swap for dairy-free yogurt if vegan)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Black pepper to taste
- Nutritional yeast for topping (or Parmesan/Romano)
- Spiralize your zucchini.
- My go-to spiralizer is by Starfrit & costs just under $20!!!!!
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat & spray with avocado oil cooking spray. Add garlic & onion & sauté for about 3-4 minutes, until onion is transluscent & garlic is browned & fragrant.
- Add cherry tomatoes & mushrooms & sauté for another 3-4 minutes, until mushrooms are browned & tomatoes are wilted & braised.
- Lower the fire & remove the skillet from the heat. Add your zoodles, kale, pasta sauce, Greek yogurt, spices & lemon & toss to combine.
- Increase your fire to medium & cook the noodles, veggies & seasonings for about 3 minutes, until the sauce is fully incorporated. Zoodles should still be crunchy!
- Top with nutritional yeast or Parmesan & enjoy! 🙂