This week for meal prep, I also whipped up this quick & simple GLUTEN-FREE HONEY SRIRACHA GINGER GROUND CHICKEN & it is BOMB AF!!!!
I always like to have a ground chicken or turkey recipe ready in the fridge because there are so many ways I can use it, depending on what I’m in the mood for: lettuce wraps, a brown rice or coconut meat wrap, in salads or bowls, as is, as a topping for zoodles, grilled veggies or red lentil penne pasta or in a sandwich!
This one’s great because it’s the perfect combo of sweet & spicy! It gives you all the Asian feels thanks to the ginger & Sriracha, but it also gives you a nice little hint of sweetness thanks to the raw honey & just the right amount of garlicky to complement that sweetness!
BTW, I can’t tell you guys how obsessed I am with coconut aminos! I LOVE Asian dishes, but I HATE how bloated & crappy I feel after eating soy sauce (because of all the sodium!). Coconut aminos is such a great alternative because it’s soy-free, gluten-free, low GI, packed with minerals, vitamin C & B vitamins & is high in amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein & essential our overall health.
BTW, you can totally swap the ground chicken for ground beef, veal or turkey, if you prefer!
Now, without further ado, here’s how to make it!
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 package of extra-lean ground chicken
- Swap for ground turkey, veal or beef, if you prefer
- 2-3 tbsp. Sriracha (depending how spicy you want it)
- 2 tbsp. raw organic honey
- 1/4 cup organic coconut aminos
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Red pepper chilli flakes for topping
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Once heated, reduce your heat to medium.
- Remove the skillet from the heat & add the chicken & the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss to coat the chicken in the seasonings & spices.
- Increase your heat to medium-high & cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, for about 7-10 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink, is cooked through, but not overdone or dry.
- Remove from the heat, top with some red pepper chilli flakes & black pepper.
- ENJOY! :))