Extremely Frothy Adaptogenic Almond Milk, Cacao & Turmeric Latte a.k.a. Frothy Vegan Latte Goals, You?
Okay, so if you’re from Montreal, you know that today, it was FREEEEEZING. Like, so cold you don’t want to leave your house cold. Ya know? If you’re from Montreal, you definitely know what I’m talking about & you’ve most likely felt that way one day this past winter (or any other winter in Montreal, ’cause let’s be honest, we never really have a good winter).
Anywho, mid-day, the cold weather had me craving a warm & frothy beverage. I was feeling a coffee, but I was also feeling like a little more of a sustained energy boost & some added health benefits, ’cause why the F not?! So I got to thinking about how I could make myself AN EXTREMELY FROTHY ADAPTOGENIC ALMOND MILK & CACAO & TURMERIC LATTE, et voilà. Suddenly, this babe was born & she didn’t take nine months to come out.
Nothing like a warm latte on a cold winter day.
What’s even better? When that warm latte is loaded with stress & anxiety-relieving, energy-boosting supplements, the bittersweet taste of raw cacao, anti-inflammatory & immune-boosting perks, the natural sweetness of homemade vanilla cinnamon almond milk, some savoury spices to add a little kick & THE DEFINITION OF FROTH GOALS.
So, what’s in it?
- Homemade vanilla cinnamon almond milk (RECIPE HERE: Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Milk a.k.a. Oh-Really?-Store-Bought-Almond-Milk-Still-Exists?-No-Thanks!)
- Doesn’t raise blood sugar levels
- No preservatives, no fillers, no gums
- Helps reduce the risk of heart disease
- Strengthens bones
- Contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- May help with migraines
- Helps boost the antioxidant capacity of the body
- Contains medicinal properties
- Helps treat nausea
- Reduces muscle pain & soreness
- Antibacterial, antimicrobial & anti-fungal
- Boosts immunity
- Soothing & calming
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Contains cancer-fighting enzymes
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant & antimicrobial
- Helps manage healthy blood pressure levels
- Helps prevent certain diseases
- Helps lower blood sugar levels
- Medicinal properties
- Boosts energy levels & provides sustained energy without a crash
- Anti-cancer properties
- Reduces blood sugar levels
- Reduces cortisol levels & helps the body cope effectively with stress & anxiety, returning the body to its state of homeostasis
- Helps regulate mood
- Boosts testosterone, increases fertility in men & helps boost libido
- CAFFEINE, YOU?
- Cacao powder
- Contains more than 4x the antioxidant power of your average dark chocolate & more than 20x than that of blueberries
- Boosts energy
- Helps curb sugar cravings
Now, let’s talk about how to make this baby!
- 1 cup of homemade vanilla cinnamon almond milk (or any other milk of your choice – cashew milk would work great too, or you can simply use regular dairy milk)
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- A few pinches of ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ashwagandha root powder
- 2 shots of freshly brewed espresso (I used Nespresso ristretto capsules)
- 1/2 tbsp. raw organic unsweetened cacao powder
- A pinch of black pepper
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS: MCT oil (Bulletproof Brain Octane), Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides or vegan protein powder!
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: More cinnamon or turmeric!
- Add the almond milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon & ashwagandha to a small skillet.
- Brew your coffee.
- Pour freshly brewed coffee & cacao powder into the skillet & mix to combine all the ingredients (except MCT, collagen or protein, if adding).
- Heat the skillet over low heat for about 10-15 minutes until it begins to bubble lightly.
- Once the mixture is warm, add it to your blender jug, along with add-ins (if adding) & blend on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute, to get it uber frothy!
- Pour into a mug, top with more turmeric or Ceylon cinnamon if you wish! ENJOY! 🙂