Everyday, I encourage you guys to adopt a healthier lifestyle with a baby step approach instead of an “it’ll happen overnight” approach where you set unrealistic standards & goals for yourself that render you feeling demotivated if they don’t go as planned.
Adopting a healthier lifestyle is one of the best choices you can make for both your physical & mental health. BUT, it doesn’t mean there won’t be a few forks in the road, setbacks, challenges & days where you feel like it isn’t worth all the effort.
Let’s be realistic – even if I sound harsh:
- You will not become an Olympic runner, a bodybuilder or have a 6-pack after one week at the gym.
- You will not make a complete 360 switch from processed & packaged foods to real, whole & complete foods overnight.
- Your anxiety & stress won’t go away after just one week of taking adaptogens or other natural supplements.
- You will have cravings for foods you slowly start to swap for healthier alternatives. Some days, you may binge. Others, you may not eat enough.
- You will go a day or two without working out because reality is that sometimes, life just gets in the way, your body is sore or you just aren’t feeling it.
- You will try new things that might just not work out for you.
- Your weight will fluctuate throughout the day & from one day to the next. Some days, you will feel more puffy & bloated than others.
- It will be hard to justify your journey at first while you wait impatiently to see results.
- You will have days where you want to retreat back to old habits for comfort or out of laziness.
You’ll experience these things because you are HUMAN. It’s called a JOURNEY for a reason. It’s a learning experience & it’s an opportunity for growth. True growth is achieved when you know what it feels like to trip & fall, but you get back up.
I preach a healthy lifestyle but I don’t want you to be mistaken. I know it’s not easy & I know that it’s hard to see the value with nothing to show for it. I feel you because I WAS THERE TOO JUST ONE YEAR AGO.
Experiencing & feeling all these setbacks doesn’t take away from your journey or make it any less worthwhile. It doesn’t mean you’re going to fail. It just means you have to be strong & strive for it until it’s YOURS.