Next up is this PEAR WALNUT HAZELNUT & DILL FIBRE-RICH QUINOA SALAD!
This salad is so nutritious, it can be a meal all on its own!
It’s packed with omega fatty acids, healthy fats, plant-based protein, greens, good carbs, crisp & crunch, antioxidants & guaranteed to fill you up & keep you feeling satisfied, energized & healthy!
It’s quick, easy & simple to prepare, requires just a few ingredients you most likely have on hand & you can switch it up to satisfy your tastebuds!
- If you’re not a fan of walnuts &/or hazelnuts, you can swap them for some of your fave nuts, such as slivered almonds, cashews or pecans!
- And, if pear isn’t your jam, you can swap it for an apple!
- Not a fan of dill? No problem! Swap for parsley, cilantro, mint or basil!
- And, if you’re just not down with the psyllium husks (although I don’t see why you wouldn’t be), swap ’em for an adaptogenic powder to take your quinoa salad from delicious to delicious & adaptogenic!
What’s so wonderful about this salad is that all you need is ONE BOWL! Yes, that means you make & season the salad in the same bowl & you don’t need a blender or food processor to emulsify your dressing!
The dressing is quite simple, nothing too crazy, nothing too special, but again, the flavour combination is so on fleek, it’ll have you writing home all kinds about it! As always, I like to load my dressings up with raw organic apple cider vinegar. It’s a great way to sneak it into your diet & to load up on all its benefits, without having to stomach taking it straight (if that’s not your jam!). I actually recently started taking 2 tbsp. of it every night with a tall glass of water right after & I have to say that I already feel it’s been doing wonders. But hey, nobody said all these lifestyle changes had to happen overnight! Ease in to ’em friends. AND IN THE INTERIM, ADD APPLE CIDER TO YOUR DRESSINGS & MARINADES!
BTW, if you want to read all about I’m so into incorporating all these plant-based sources into my diet, check out my full blog post all about my go-to source of plant-based protein & all the benefits they can bring to your life: It’s 2017: Let’s Plant-Based-Protein-It-Up! Ya Dig? (No Pun Intended!)
Now, wanna discuss how to make this? I bet you do.
Here we go!
- 1 cup of organic quinoa (cooked in 1.5 cups of water or cooked according to package directions)
- 1 pear, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, dice
- •1/3 cup of dill (chopped)
- 1 heaping tbsp. of chopped raw organic hazelnuts
- 1 heaping tbsp. of chopped raw organic walnuts
- 1 heaping tbsp. Psyllium husks for added fibre
- The juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp. Raw organic apple cider vinegar
- A splash of pure organic maple syrup
- 3/4 – 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Cook your quinoa according to package directions.
- I personally like to do it this way (& it gives me the fluffiest quinoa ever! I almost want to cuddle with it): I add 1 cup of quinoa & 1.5 cups of water to a skillet. I bring the water & quinoa to a boil, then I lower the heat to a simmer, cover it & cook it for about 15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed & the quinoa is FLUFFY GOALS!
- Once cooked, let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep your veggies.
- Add your cooled quinoa & veggies to a large mixing bowl.
- Season the salad directly in the same mixing bowl & toss to coat all the quinoa/veggies/nuts in the dressing.