Guess what I did on a Saturday night?! PARTY ROCKIN’.
K, not actually. My sis was craving salmon last night, so I made her this 20-minute baked salmon. And safe to say: SHE LOVED IT!
Salmon is full of omega fatty acids, protein & antioxidants (astaxanthin)! It’s anti-inflammatory, great for skin health, high in B vitamins, vitamin D, phosphorus, potassium & selenium. It helps boost eye health, boosts metabolism & is super heart healthy!
Salmon is honestly not my fave fish when it’s baked/cooked/grilled. I much prefer it raw & in sushi! But, if salmon is your jam, you’ll absolutely LOVE this dish! And if you’re like me & salmon isn’t your fave, you can totally use the same seasonings & swap the salmon for some white fish, like cod, halibut or even sushi-grade yellowfin tuna!
I spiced this baby up with fresh garlic, rosemary, sea salt & black pepper & seasoned it with fresh lemon, raw organic honey & Dijon mustard! It’s pretty simple & you most likely have all of that in your fridge/pantry, right? SO GET ON IT.
If you buy your salmon fresh, this dish will be ready in less than 20 minutes! If you have to defrost it, you can totally plan ahead for it in the morning, defrost it & then season & bake it when you get home in time for dinner!
We served this salmon with some roasted sweet potato & a spinach & arugula salad seasoned with balsamic vinegar & some raw organic walnuts!
- 1 wild salmon fillet (or any fish of your choice)
- 1 fresh lemon
- The juice of one fresh lemon
- 2 tsp. raw organic Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. raw organic unpasteurized honey
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F & like a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice a lemon & place it on the baking sheet.
- Prepare the marinade in a small bowl & whisk ingredients together until they’re fully combined.
- Place the salmon on the sliced lemon, pour the marinade over the fish & press the rosemary into the top of the fillet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (based on how well done you like it!), then broil on high for 2-3 minutes.
- ENJOY! 🙂