GUYS, I cannot contain my excitement about these!!
These GLUTEN-FREE SWEET POTATO COLLAGEN BROWNIES are the absolute definition of FUDGY. They are MELT IN YOUR MOUTH DELICIOUS & LOVE AT FIRST BITE WORTHY. No joke.
They’re moist, dense, rich, creamy, thick, indulgent, chocolatey, naturally sweet (a heck of a treat) & so scrumptious! Can’t you taste the texture just by looking at it?
They’re gluten, egg, dairy & refined sugar free, paleo & completely flourless!
They’re made with Vital Proteins collagen peptides & beef gelatin for a gut-healing, protein-packed, beauty-boosting, skin-healing treat that will boost your energy, promote muscle & joint health & heal you from the inside out!
These babes are even better once refrigerated, because they firm up just the right amount, without losing their interior PUDGINESS! (P.S. Would you believe me if I told you that they actually contain NO FROSTING at all. They bake just like that, perfectly moist & fudgy on the inside with an outer layer that looks & tastes just like frosting, but isn’t).
They’re clean, healthy & the sweet potato provides a heck of a dose of antioxidants, fibre & good carbs!
Since they’re naturally sweet, I hardly had to add any maple syrup – just 2 tbsp. & the flavour is PERFECTION!
They’re super easy to make! You need only a few ingredients & your food processor!
So good, even your kids will fall in love (& they’ll never know they’re full of sweet potato goodness!)!
These make for a great breakfast, topped with some almond butter & a side of fruit or a great afternoon snack or pick-me-up! The collagen & beef gelatin will help provide you with a boost of energy & these brownies will help hold you over until your next meal because of all the fibre in them!
Without further ado, let’s get right to it!
- Loaf pan
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, puréed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup of raw organic unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (unflavoured)
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 2 tbsp. creamy almond butter (Swap for any other nut or seed butter of your choice!)
- 2 tbsp. coconut flower syrup (or raw organic unpasteurized honey, pure organic maple syrup or yacon syrup)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS: Chocolate chips, raw organic cacao nibs, shredded coconut, chopped nuts or seeds.
- Make your sweet potato purée:
- Preheat your oven to 425F. Place the potatoes on a foil-lined pan & bake for anywhere between 45-60 minutes, until tender to the touch. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Once peeled, add the potatoes to a bowl & mash them with a fork (or use your food processor to purée them, but totally not necessary!)
- FOR A FASTER PURÉE: Microwave your sweet potatoes in 5-7 minutes increments, until soft to the touch. Once softened, follow above steps.
- Preheat the oven to 350F & spray a loaf pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Add the sweet potato & cacao powder to the bowl of your food processor & pulse until a creamy consistency is obtained. The cacao powder should be fully combined & incorporated with the sweet potato, a.k.a. you shouldn’t see any orange anymore, nor should there be any leftover chunks of cacao powder.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the bowl of your food processor & pulse until a brownie batter is obtained!
- IF ADDING ADD-INS: Add your batter to a mixing bowl, throw in your add-ins & mix until they are combined with the rest of the batter. If not:
- Add the mixture to the greased pan & bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through (a.k.a. you want this baby to pass the knife test!).
- Remove from the oven & allow to cool completely before slicing. What I like to do once it cools off a bit is take a very sharp knife & pass it around the edges to make lifting out of the loaf pan easier.
- Slice the babe into brownies in the size of your choice & ENJOY!
I hope you’ll LOVE these as much as I do! <3