Ginger Lime Almond Baked Chicken Breast a.k.a. Thai Flavour Goals!
Okay, I’m on a roll tonight Next up is this GINGER LIME ALMOND BAKED CHICKEN BREAST!
I used to be a huge chicken griller (is that a thing?), but I recently got into baking & broiling it & I absolutely LOVE it!!!!
Guys, this chicken is on another level of delicious. I know, it seems like I say that about everything these days, BUT I JUST CAN’T HELP IT! I only speak the truth!
It’s super tender on the inside & crispy & browned on the outside.
It’s great for meal prep because there are millions of different ways to eat it – as is, in a salad or bowl, make your own healthy club sandwich, chicken wraps, shred it up & add it to tacos or have it over rice or grilled veggies!
I recently discovered the Yai’s Thai Thai Almond Sauce. It’s super clean, healthy, low in sodium & sugar, made with real food (coconut milk, almonds, bell pepper, lime juice, shallots, ginger, lemongrass, sea salt & coriander) & super thick & creamy! If you can’t get your hands on it, worry not. It doesn’t mean this recipe can’t be yours – you can swap it for some creamy almond or peanut butter!
- 1 package of extra-lean chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. Yai’s Thai Thai Almond Sauce (or replace with creamy peanut or almond butter)
- 1 tsp. Yai’s Thai Ginger Lime & Chilli Garlic Sauce (swap for fresh lime juice, ginger & chilli powder)
- 1 tbsp. Raw organic Dijon mustard
- The juice of one fresh lemon
- 1 tsp. Minced onion
- 2 tbsp. Raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Ground cumin
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Clean your chicken & remove all the fat. Slice it into your desired shape/size.
- Add your chicken to a medium mixing bowl & season with all the marinade ingredients.
- Toss gently & coat the chicken in the marinade.
- Refrigerate the chicken for 30 minutes to an hour so that it marinates (The longer, the more flavourful!)
- Once the chicken is marinated, preheat your oven to 400F & line baking sheets with parchment.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheets (don’t pile it!) & bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip & bake again for 10 more minutes.
- Broil on high for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & ENJOY!