It’s meal prep Saturday & first on the menu is this CHILI GARLIC VEGGIE SAUTÉ!
If you like your veggies a little hot & spicy, you’re going to LOVE these babies! They make for a great side dish, topping for bowls, add-in for salads or a savoury healthy snack!
I’ve been doing a lot of veggie roasting lately, so today I wanted to change things up a bit & do a sauté instead! And HOLY F am I glad I changed things up a bit – this dish is simple, quick & easy, but so delicious & flavourful that you’d never know it!
Also, can we talk about how much fibre you’re getting from these veggies?! Not only are you getting fibre, but the coconut aminos is full of amino acids & enzymes that are great for helping the body build & use protein for fuel, energy & to build your muscles & to help encourage the flow of things naturally & boost digestive health!
I used asparagus, onion & brussels, but you can use any veggies you wish!
- Asparagus: Packed with vitamin A, C, E, K & B6, as well as folate, iron, copper, calcium, protein & fiber. It helps build strong bones, boosts energy levels & promotes healthy skin & eye health!
- Onion: They phytochemicals in onions, along with their vitamin C help boost immunity. They also contain chromium, which helps regulate blood sugar. They’re also useful in reducing inflammation & healing infections.
- Brussels sprouts: An amazing source of vitamin C & K, as well as folate, vitamin B6, fibre, potassium & omega fatty acids!
Not bad, right? RIGHT!
- 2 large bunches of asparagus (ends chopped)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium white onion, sliced lengthwise
- 20 large Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp. Naked Coconuts coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. Chilli powder OR 1/2 tsp. Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. Ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- The juice of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp. Red pepper chilli flakes
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add your veggies to a large skillet & season them with all the sauce ingredients.
- Toss to coat your veggies in the seasoning.
- Heat the skillet over high heat & sauté the veggies, stirring every now & then, for anywhere between 7-10 minutes or until veggies are cooked through but still crunchy & onions are browned.
- Remove from the heat & ENJOY!