Before we get into all of this week’s meal prep recipes, I JUST HAD to share this BLUEBERRY VANILLA ZUCCHINI CAULIFLOWER SMOOTHIE with you guys!
Okay, so I already fell in LOVE with cauliflower in my smoothies & now I can say the same for zucchini!
Zucchini is low on the glycemic index & high in fibre & water, which makes this smoothie super hydrating for the body, easy on the stomach, great for healthy digestion & keeping things moving & great for balancing blood sugar levels & cholesterol. Zucchini is also high in antioxidants, B vitamins, vitamin C, potassium & phosphorus!
Unlike using frozen bananas to thicken a smoothie, frozen zucchini works in the same way as cauliflower, a.k.a. like magic!!! It provides delicious & creamy texture once blended. If you are looking for a smoothie lower in sugar, or simply cannot tolerate bananas, adding frozen zucchini should be your new go-to (& cauliflower is just AS GOOD!).
The trick is to steam it first, let it cool & then freeze it! It’s great because then you’ll always have it on hand when smoothie o’clock time hits! Steaming it also makes it easier to digest.
This smoothie also contains blueberries, which adds vitamin C, natural sweetness & more fibre & antioxidants! Antioxidants fight free radical damage & protect our cells, all while promoting healthy cell renewal. They are one of those fruits that is lower on the glycemic index, which makes them suitable for those trying to cut back on sugar or those who suffer from diabetes (to prevent blood sugar level spikes!). In fact, consuming bluebs has been shown to improve insulin resistance & manage symptoms of metabolic syndrome.
With just 10 ingredients & five seconds (basically) to make, this delicious blueberry & zucchini smoothie is so good, it feels like a treat! It’s thick, creamy, delicious & indulgent… so creamy, you could almost eat it like ice cream with a spoon!
I topped it with BEE POLLEN for some added health benefits:
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, lipids & fatty acids!
- It also contains tons of enzymes, which promote healthy digestion!
- Like raw honey, it contains tons of antioxidants in the form of carotenoids & bioflavonoids.
- It’s considered one of nature’s most completely nourishing foods & contains almost all essential nutrients required by the human body!
- About half of its protein content comes from free amino acids that are ready to be used by the human body for fuel & to boost energy levels & promote healthy muscle growth & recovery.
- It has powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal & antiviral properties that strengthen the capillaries, reduce inflammation, boost immunity & lower cholesterol levels naturally.
So, what else is in it?!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- A handful of spinach &/or kale
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup frozen zucchini
- A few chunks of frozen cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- Swap for more protein for a vegan option!
- 1 tbsp. Iron Vegan vegan vanilla protein
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla to sweeten
- 1 tsp. Ashwagandha
- 1 tsp. Raw maca
- A few ice cubes
- TOPPINGS: Ceylon cinnamon, berries & bee pollen (antioxidants, vitamin C, omega fatty acids, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial & immunity-boosting).
- Add all ingredients to your blender & blend until fully combined & incorporated. Smoothie should be thick & creamy!
- Taste & add more vanilla if it isn’t sweet enough!
- Add toppings & ENJOY! 🙂