This bread is ready in just under 45 minutes! It requires no yeast & no rising! Just your food processor, simple ingredients & an oven! The prep takes hardly anytime, so the rest of the time is spent waiting impatiently in your kitchen as it begins to smell like a bakery on a Sunday morning!
- It’s hearty & so nutritious!
- Absolutely delicious!
- Rich in protein, fibre & healthy fats!
- Great for breakfast, lunch or snacking!
- Full of amino acids & enzymes, which make it easy to digest!
- Packs tons of vitamin A & E & tons of minerals, such as iron, magnesium, potassium & calcium!
- LOW-CARB & LOW-SUGAR!
- Guaranteed to become a classic!
BTW, just a little update for those of you following me on Instagram, my dad LOVED it (& that’s saying a lot, because eating healthy is REALLY NEW to him so I’m constantly trying to find ways to make healthy recipes, without making him feel like he’s eating chalk, ya know?).
Now, in case you aren’t convinced yet, let me tease (& hopefully convince) you with the ingredients list!
BTW, I doubled the ingredients that I used in my original recipe because I think this bread would be EVEN better if the slices were a bit larger so that it could resemble actual toast as opposed to a banana or zucchini bread! If you prefer to have smaller slices, feel free to cut the quantities in half!.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 cups of organic almond flour
- 1.5 cups of organic coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
- 8 egg whites
- 3 tbsp. coconut flower syrup (or pure organic maple syrup or raw organic unpasteurized honey or yacon syrup)
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- You can also do 1.5 tbsp. of apple cider & 1.5 tbsp. of pure organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Eden Foods sesame & seaweed spice blend (or white or black sesame seeds)
- OPTIONAL: Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350F & grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, combine all the dry ingredients & pulse them until they’re fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of your food processor & pulse for about a minute or two, until they are fully combined with the dry ones & a batter is formed. You might have to scrape down the edges a few times.
- The dough will be thick & texture-wise, you should be able to press it down in a loaf pan.
- Add the dough to the loaf pan & press it down so that there are no cracks (make sure the sides & edges are filled in). Sprinkle with the sesame seed mix or seeds of choice!
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before taking it out. What I like to do once it cools is take a sharp bread knife & carve out the edge so that it slips out easier.
- Slice the bread & store in an airtight container & refrigerate!
- Eat cold or toast & ENJOY!!!!