Guys, this HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE MYLK is basically NUTELLA MILK. I’m not even joking. BUT, it’s NUTELLA MILK IN HEALTHY FORM!
It’s delicious, creamy, naturally sweet & so much healthier than store-bought chocolate milks or beverages, which are FULL of refined added sugar.
This one is sweetened naturally with organic Medjool dates & a tad of pure vanilla.
It’s so simple & easy to make that you won’t be able to justify buying chocolate milk ever again – plus, you’ll be able to fool your kids with it (& that’s saying a lot!).
I know, it requires a bit more effort to make than just buying it at the store, but we only have one body & it’s more worth it than anything to invest our money & time in our health. I always say this: HEALTH IS WEALTH. Plus, when you only need four ingredients & 10 minutes of your time, are you really complaining? Didn’t think so!
BTW, if you guys are into hazelnuts… or who am I kidding? IF YOU GUYS ARE INTO NUTELLA, you might want to check out one of my oldies but goodies – a recipe for homemade healthy Nutella RIGHT OVAH HERE: Clean-Eating Homemade Nutella Spread a.k.a. Rainbows-Sunshine-&-Unicorns-Basically-a-Chocolate-Lover’s-Dream-Come-True.
What’s so good about hazelnuts anyway?
They’re super high in vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that’s crucial for maintaining healthy skin, hair & nails.
They also contain B vitamins, including folate, all of which are important for proper cell & energy metabolism.
They also contain potassium (necessary for heart health, maintaining healthy sodium levels & blood pressure), calcium (crucial for strong bones, joints & teeth) & magnesium (great for digestion, muscle recovery & overall health!).
They are rich in healthy fats & provide a good source of sustained energy!
They are also high in fibre, which makes them great for digestion & promoting overall gut health!
They also help boost immunity, prevent the risk of certain diseases, as well as anemia, help improve memory & prevent heart disease.
Guess what? You can get all these benefits IN MILK. Yes, DELICIOUS LUSCIOUSLY SMOOTH & CREAMY CHOCOLATE MILK!!!! Safe to say that if you like chocolate, you will fall in love with this milk. And even if you’re more of a vanilla person, WORRY NOT. I dosed it with some vanilla as well! Trust me, YOU WANT & NEED THIS MILK IN YOUR LIFE.
You can drink it as is, or use it in baking recipes, overnight oats, chia pudding, cereal, granola, muesli or dip some healthy homemade cookies in it!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup of unsalted raw organic hazelnuts
- 2 organic Medjool dates (pitted)
- Add 1 or 2 more if you want a sweeter milk (depending on how bitter your cacao powder is)
- 2 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder (make sure it’s unsweetened)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Soak the hazelnuts in 3 cups of water overnight.
- Drain & rinse the hazelnuts.
- Add the hazelnuts to your blender with 3 cups of filtered water & blend until combined (about 2 minutes).
- Strain the milk over a bowl, using a dishcloth or nut milk bag to remove the pulp. You should be left with silky & smooth milk. Set the pulp aside to use it later!
- Rinse your blender & add the milk back to it with the dates, vanilla & cacao powder. Blend again for about 1 minute.
- Pour into a glass jar with a hermetic lid. Let it stand for about 20-30 minutes to allow the foam at the top to diminish.
- Cover, store in the fridge & enjoy!