Wondering how to repurpose leftover homemade nut milk pulp?
THESE GLUTEN-FREE GUT-HEALING HAZELNUT PULP OATMEAL ALMOND BUTTER BROWNIES! I had to find me a way to use the leftover pulp from making my Homemade Hazelnut Chocolate Mylk a.k.a. Liquid-Nutella. No Joke!!! I mean, y’all know how I feel about wasting food, right? If you don”t know, now you know. I HAVE A NO WASTE POLICY CONSTANTLY IN EFFECT IN MY KITCH. Whatever I can use, I use & make the best of it! Creativity is something I’ve learned to love & embrace when it comes to cooking & baking!
But wait a second… did you really think I would resist making this recipe EVERYBODY-FRIENDLY? a.k.a. even if you’re not a homemade nut milk person, I got you covered. No worries, if you don’t have pulp, you can use any nut-based flour (almond, pecan, hazelnut, walnut – simply grind your nuts in a blender or food processor & you’ve got nut flour!).
These babes are:
- Gluten, dairy & refined-sugar free!
- Crumbly on the outside but moist & chewy on the inside!
- Full of fibre, protein & healthy fats!
- Super gut-healthy & muscle-healing thanks to the Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin!
- The flavour combo is so on point! The nuttiness of the pulp mixed with the creaminess of the almond butter, the natural sweetness of the maple syrup & vanilla, the crumble from the oats & the chocolate from the cacao powder is HEAVENLY!
All this to say, these brownies are heavenly. If you love Nutella (& I mean, who doesn’t, seriously?), you will fall absolutely positively madly in LOVE with these babies!
Now, Lord knows, nobody likes to wait for love (even though they say that when you wait, it comes when you least expect it…). ANYWHO, that’s a whole other story that we’ll save for another rant or rainy day. WHEN IT COMES TO THESE BROWNIES, TRUST ME, YOU DON’T WAIT TO WAIT ANOTHER SECOND TO FALL HEAD OVER HEELS IN ABSOLUTE LOVE!
So… let’s get right to it!
- 2/3 cup leftover nut milk pulp (or any nut-based flour)
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin (Swap for vegan protein if vegan!)
- 2 tbsp. Raw organic cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. Creamy almond / peanut butter (or any other nut or seed butter or blend of your choice!)
- 3-4 tbsp. Homemade cashew milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. Pure organic maple syrup
- 1 – 1/2 tsp. Pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup of mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F & set aside a loaf pan. Grease it with some coconut oil spray.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until fully combined (You might have to get your hands in there!).
- Evenly press the brownie batter into the greased loaf pan, making sure that the corners are filled.
- Bake at 350F for 23-25 minutes, until the top is crispy / crumbly!
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Slice & enjoy!
- P.S. I like to refrigerate brownies because they get just the right amount of hard in the fridge, BUT OMG… WHEN YOU BITE INTO THEM = PERFECTION!