Hello again babes!
Back again, this time… with COOKIES! It’s not because this week’s meal prep was all about cutting sugar that cookies were not an option. IN FACT, THEY WERE MORE OF AN OPTION THAN EVER. If you know, you know – I’m the type of girl who likes a challenge. So, you can imagine that a meal prep theme with the words “low-sugar” in it didn’t phase me. NOTHING CAN EVER SEPARATE ME & MY COOKIES, OKAY?
And there is such a thing as a cookie that tastes delicious (& a little bit healthy too, but hey, is there anything wrong with that?) & that contains very little natural sugar & NO REFINED SUGAR WHATSOEVER!
They’re the epitome of a most & chewy on the side & cracked & crumbly on the outside cookie. But hey, don’t judge a book by its over, right? TAKE A FIRST BITE & THEN, TRY… JUST TRY TO TELL ME I WAS WRONG TO TELL YOU THAT THEY’RE PERFECT. I’m never wrong, okay? Fine. Maybe sometimes. We all are (even if we can’t admit it). But one thing is for certain (like 200% sure)… I am not wrong about these cookies.
I swapped the vegan chocolate chips that I usually use (the ones by Enjoy Life) for cacao nibs because they contain 0g of sugar per 3tbsp. serving, while the chocolate chips contain 7g in just 1 tbsp.
Cacao nibs are also a very rich source of antioxidants, magnesium, healthy fats, potassium & iron, all of which are necessary for optimal health, immunity, goo digestion, muscle repair & growth & strong bones, healthy heart & blood pressure, energy & warding off certain illnesses & diseases & ridding the body of toxins & other harmful substances.
I promise you these babes will help curb your sugar craving & you can do so knowing you are eating clean, real, whole & nutrient-dense foods. How’s that for a double whammy? Wait, what’s the opposite of a whammy… whatever it is, HOW’S THAT FOR A DOUBLE? I know… amazing.
They’re made with just oat flour, maple syrup, organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, cacao nibs & sea salt. What’s great about these babes is that since they contain no eggs or dairy, you can totally decide not to bake them & just roll them into energy balls & refrigerate or freeze them for some HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH BALLS! Whatever floats your boats, babes!
Now, whether you decide to bake ’em or not, you need to know how to make them first, right?
- 2 cups of gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- If you’re someone who likes a sweeter cookie, you’ll want to add about 2 more tbsp. Try adding one at a time, taste the batter & adjust if necessary!
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp. melted organic coconut oil
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 2 tbsp. raw organic cacao nibs
- Sub for vegan chocolate chips if sugar is not an issue for you!
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl (except cacao nibs) & mix with a wooden spoon & then get in there with your hands!
- Batter will be crumbly but should hold together when pinched between your fingers.
- Fold in the cacao nibs.
- Roll into medium balls, flatten gently & bake for 20 minutes, until cracked & crumbly & lightly browned! Make sure not to over-bake them!
- Remove from the oven & let cool on the pan (to prevent them from falling apart!) for about 10-15 min.