In between all my meal prepping yesterday, you can be 2000000% sure that I stopped to make myself a smoothie! Sometimes, when I meal prep, it can be easy to forget to eat all day & to look at the clock & see it’s already almost dinner time! Smoothies are a good way to prepare something quick, delicious & nutritious when you’ve got a million other things to do & you can’t be bothered with prepping an entire meal!
Anywho, this babe of a smoothie is what gave me the energy necessary to spend all day in the kitch! So, while we’re here, let’s take a moment to thank this beauty of a smoothie! No but seriously, moment of silence here, okay? SHADDAP. No, I’m kidding. But honestly, this smoothie is loaded with ALL THE FREAKING GOODS!
P.S. My dad saw me making this smoothie & said he wouldn’t drink it if we paid him. LOL! Looks like it’s gonna be a while before I can get him on the green smoothie bandwagon, but hey, one step at a time!!!!
I call it a green smoothie because it’s loaded with kale, spinach, matcha, chlorella & moringa. Is that enough greens for you?
Not a fan of green smoothies? NO PROBLEM. You’ll hardly feel they’re there! That’s where the blueberries, strawberries, vanilla protein, Ceylon cinnamon & vanilla almond milk come in! All those ingredients help counter the bitterness of some of the greens & bring some natural sweetness to the mix! PLUS, THE MATCHA COLLAGEN IS ACTUALLY SO DELICIOUS – you hardly feel the matcha’s there, BUT SHE’S THERE BABY!
All this to say, don’t be fooled by the colour (like my dad was!).
The fact that this smoothie contains so many greens make it jam-packed with calcium, iron, potassium, plant-based protein, antioxidants, detoxifying benefits, anti-aging properties, fibre, gut-healing & digestive health properties, omega fatty acids & it provides a sustained source of lasting energy!
The berries add even more antioxidants, while the protein provides the essential amino acids that we, as human beings, cannot get through our diets. It ensures proper muscle growth, repair & recovery post-workout & also adds an extra kick of energy!
The Ceylon cinnamon is there to boost immunity, provide anti-inflammatory & anti-microbial benefits, promote heart health, reduce blood sugar levels & add an extra dose of natural sweetness!
The cauliflower adds more fibre, thickness, richness, creaminess & smoothness to this ALREADY PERFECT CONCOCTION!
- 2 handfuls of spinach &/or kale (I mixed!)
- 2 frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 chunks of steamed then frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 tbsp. Moringa leaf powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Chlorella Powder
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins MATCHA COLLAGEN
- Sub for vegan protein powder for vegan alternative
- 1/2 scoop Iron Vegan vegan vanilla sprouted protein
- Ceylon cinnamon drizzle
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water (& ice cubes, if you want a colder smoothie)
- TOPPING: More blueberries & Ceylon cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to your blender & blend until smooth & creamy!
- Add more cauliflower or protein for thicker texture.
- Add more almond milk or water for thinner consistency.
- Add toppings & devour!!