Easy Homemade Vegan Vanilla Cinnamon Banana Mylk a.k.a. You (& Your Kiddies) Will Go Bananas For This!
My goodness, the possibilities for plant-based milk are truly endless!
I’ve tried almond, cashew, hemp & oat milk & I LOVE ‘em all!
- Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Milk a.k.a. Oh-Really?-Store-Bought-Almond-Milk-Still-Exists?-No-Thanks!
- Homemade 5-Ingredient Gluten-Free OAT MILK a.k.a. The Upgraded Milk & Cookies (Oh & Got Milk?)
- Homemade Hemp Milk a.k.a. The Easier Plant-Based Vegan Milk Alternative For When You Just Don’t Have The Time!
But today, I got creative with BANANAS & WOW! Now, this is obviously not the plant-based milk that you want to be using daily because though it’s natural sugar, it’s still sweeter than most other plant-based milks, but it’s definitely a great option to switch it up a bit & super DELISH for overnight oats, smoothies or as is!
It’s also a great way to get in a good dose of potassium & fibre. Did you guys know that potassium is one of the minerals that most people nowadays are lacking?
Potassium is crucial for cellular & electrical function. It’s one of the main blood minerals called “electrolytes” (the other ones being sodium & chloride). One of the main benefits of potassium is that it helps maintain healthy sodium levels in the diet. In fact, a high-sodium diet with low potassium intake influences & elevates blood pressure, which may in turn have an effect on the heart.
The body actually naturally contains more potassium than sodium (about 9oz. to 4oz., BUT THE AMERICAN DIET RELIES HIGHLY ON FAST CONVENIENCE FOODS, PACKAGED & PROCESSED CR*P, CHIPS & SALT a.k.a. SODIUM! Since the body’s biochemical functions are based on the components found in a natural diet, special mechanisms converse sodium, while potassium is conserved somewhat less.
Another problem with potassium is that it is one of the most soluble minerals, which means that it is easily lost in cooking & processing foods. Most excess potassium will be eliminated in the urine, some through sweat. This is why it’s SO CRUCIAL to make sure that we are getting enough potassium through our nutrition!
ALL HAIL BANANAS! Bananas are just one of the food sources that provide a good dose of potassium, but they’re a heck of a good one!
This MYLK is a great way to up your potassium, without feeling like you have to make an effort to do so. It’s so delicious, creamy & naturally sweet that you’ll want to drink it!
It’s also filled with fibre, which makes it super easy to digest, lowers LDL cholesterol & helps maintain heart health.
It’s made with no preservatives, no additives, no added refined sugars & no salt. Basically, NO BULLSH*T.
All you need are four ingredients!
What’s also cool is that it’s so versatile!
- You can make a chocolate version with raw organic cacao powder or chocolate protein powder!
- You can make a collagen version by adding a scoop of collagen to make collagen banana mylk!
- You can swap some or all of the water with almond or cashew milk to make almond/cashew banana mylk!
- You can add in some peanut or almond butter to make a nutty banana milk!
- You can add in some coconut butter to make coconut banana mylk!
- Or some maple syrup to make maple banana mylk!
BASICALLY, YOU CAN HAVE FUN WITH IT!
It’s simple, quick & easy to prepare! And guess what? NO SOAKING OR STRAINING NECESSARY, which means it can be all yours in a matter of 3 minutes!!!!!
Let’s discuss how to make it!
- 2 bananas
- 4 cups of filtered water
- Swap for almond or cashew milk to make almond/cashew banana mylk
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Ceylon cinnamon
- OPTIONAL (but not necessary IMO): 1 pitted date
- OTHER ADD-IN OPTIONS: Organic creamy peanut butter or almond butter, coconut butter, coconut milk, almond or cashew milk, cacao powder, protein powder, collagen, etc.
- Add all ingredients to your blender & blend until fully combined!
- Store in an airtight jar or mason jar & refrigerate!
- ENJOY in oats, baking recipes, smoothies, or as is!