Last night, I loaded up on all the greens in this Vegan Loaded Greens & Thai Tempeh Chopped Salad in a Lemon Ginger Coconut Dressing!
- The kale & spinach provide tons of antioxidants to help boost my immunity during this flu season!
- The lemon gives a good ‘ol dose of vitamin C!
- The ginger is great for healing, anti-inflammatory benefits & more immune boosting properties!
I threw in some tempeh for plant-based protein & healthy fats & dinner was served in under five minutes!!!
Yes, this is a really freaking simple salad, but the way the flavours come together is MOUTH-WATERING, literally.
BTW, I’m way more of a tempeh girl than a tofu girl. Some of the benefits of tempeh include:
- FERMENTED FOOD = PROBIOTICS! I don’t think I need to rant away about the benefits of probiotics – I think it’s safe to say that by now, you guys know you should be consuming them daily, whether you take them in supplement form or through nutrition! The probiotics make tempeh a gut-healing food that’s helpful in fighting diarrhea, IBS, Chron’s, kidney issues & ulcerative colitis.
- Reduces cholesterol!
- Increases bone density!
- Provides muscle-building protein that also helps repair & recover the muscles after strenuous workouts!
- Contains manganese, which is great for those fighting diabetes!
- May help treat certain types of cancer & other inflammatory diseases, such as: leaky gut, ADD & ADHD, arthritis!
- Contains all essential amino acids!
- Reduces the risk of heart disease!
- Boosts mood, helps with depression & chronic fatigue!
Now, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 handful of spinach (chopped)
- 1 handful of kale (chopped)
- A small handful of green cabbage (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- 1 green onion (diced)
- 2-4 tbsp. of Aux Vivres Thai tempeh (cubed)
FOR THE DRESSING:
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Black pepper & Celtic sea salt
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Add all the greens & tempeh to a mixing bowl.
- Season with the dressing ingredients directly in the bowl, toss until all the veggies are fully coated.
- Serve, season with black pepper & DEVOUR!!