Oatmeal Vanilla Protein Berry Blender Muffins a.k.a. The Easiest (& Prettiest) Muffins You Will Ever Make (So Easy, It Hurts!)
Back again with more deliciousness! This time… OATMEAL VANILLA PROTEIN BERRY BLENDER MUFFINS, a.k.a. the easiest muffins you will EVER make. So easy… it hurts.
They’re made with super clean ingredients, absolutely ZERO FLOUR & the BEST part is, they are so delicious you’d never even know it!
What’s in them, you ask? Gluten-free oats, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, sprouted vegan protein powder, banana, cinnamon, yacon syrup & berries! Guys, are you not already dying / salivating at this ingredients list?! I mean… c’mon! I mean, you had me at oats, but I guess I’m easy when it comes to oats… NO BUT SERIOUSLY, these are heavenly!
They’re super crumbly on the outside & moist & chewy on the inside (Kay, I also hate the word “moist” but like, whatever, it’s a very necessary word ATM to describe these babies. Forgive me?).
They’re great as a post-workout snack because they’re packed with good carbs & lots of plant-based protein (not only from the oats, but also from the vegan protein powder, that contains tons of amino acids, which help build protein & help the muscles recover, repair themselves & grow!).
They are naturally sweetened with yacon syrup, a lower GI natural sweetener that resembles maple syrup & brown sugar… like, if maple syrup & brown sugar had a baby, IT WOULD BE YACON SYRUP. Anywho, you can also sub the yacon for actual maple syrup, if you prefer (or if that’s what you’ve got on hand!).
They are vegan, gluten-free & refined sugar-free, but I think that was quite obvious at this point, no? Whatever, in case you need more explaining, that means that they contain NO DAIRY. NO EGGS. NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS. NO GLUTEN. NO ADDED REFINED SUGARS. Just real, freaking good, whole, nutrient-dense foods.
The berries pack these babies with an extra dose of fibre, antioxidants & vitamin C!
They’re also totally customizable! If you’re not into making these babies with protein powder for whatever reason, you can swap it for a combination of adaptogenic powders, collagen, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp hearts & even throw in some chocolate chips!
AND OMG… THESE, topped with NUT BUTTER… Even more heavenly!!!! Plus, the nut butter gives you more vitamins, minerals & nutrients, protein & adds a little dose of necessary healthy fats to the mix!
Before we get into it, can we just all acknowledge how freaking gorgeous they are? I mean, TBH, it’s very rare that I see a muffin I don’t like, ya know? I’m into muffins & stuff, but these ones take “into” to a whole other level! I’M OBSESSED. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT & BITE!
Now, let’s discuss how to make these babies!
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk (OR any other store-bought or homemade plant-based milk of your choice OR regular milk)
- 1 scoop of Iron Vegan vanilla vegan sprouted protein powder
- You can feel free to swap out the protein for any other powder of your choice, such as adaptogenic powder blends, collagen, other protein powders, hemp, chia or flax seeds & even throw in some chocolate chips!
- 1 ripe banana (The riper, the better because the riper, the sweeter!)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic yacon syrup OR pure organic maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- Raspberries, diced strawberries & Ceylon cinnamon for topping before baking
HOW-TO? (For 6 big muffins or 8 medium ones):
- Preheat oven to 350F & prepare a muffin pan.
- Add all the ingredients (except berries) to your blender & blend until combined. Make sure not to over-blend! The batter should be thick, but you should be able to pour it out of the blender.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin, distributing evenly, about 3/4 way full.
- Top the muffins with raspberries & strawberries, sprinkle some cinnamon & bake for 25 minutes. Tops should be cracked, browned & crumbly once baked.
- Remove from the oven & let cool for about 10 minutes before removing the babes from the tin & DEVOUR!
- P.S. If by some worldwide miracle, you happen to have leftovers, it is best to store them in an airtight container & refrigerate!