4-Ingredient Gluten-Free Coconut Collagen Oatmeal Cookies a.k.a. Going CocoNUTS For These Babies!
So when it nears the time of the week when I have to do groceries, I often find myself with an excess amount of bananas. They just get ripe too quickly. I contemplated calling the BANANA GALLERY, or whatever the heck you wanna call it, to complain. But then I realized that place doesn’t exist. LOL, AM I NORMAL? So instead, I got to thinking of a way that I could use them up instead of having to throw them out.
Low & behold these 4-ingredient coconut collagen oatmeal cookies!
Not only did I find a way to use the bananas, but I also found a way to incorporate collagen, potassium, protein, fibre & tons of antioxidants into these babies, MAKING THEM A HEALTHY CLEAN-EATING AF COOKIE TO WRITE HOME ABOUT.
Let me tell you why:
- They contain no added or refined sugar
- They’re gluten-free & vegan-friendly (All you gotta do is sub the collagen for vegan protein powder & BAM)
- They’re also nut-free
- They are sweetened naturally with bananas (which also provide fibre & potassium & give these babies a texture that’s beyond words!)
- Quick, easy & simple to make
- No chill time required (Unless you prefer a cookie that spreads less)
- You get all the benefits of collagen & added protein from these babes (To read more about the benefits of collagen, click here: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
- Oats provide plant protein, soluble fibre, more antioxidants than broccoli & make these cookies great for keeping you full & satisfied, while boosting digestive health. They boost immunity, stabilize blood sugar, reduce bad cholesterol, are heart healthy & contain B12, magnesium & phosphorus.
- Coconut is full of healthy fats, protein, fibre, antioxidants, iron, zinc & antimicrobial properties. It’s a good source of sustained energy, endurance & a metabolism boost, all while improving the body’s ability to absorb calcium & magnesium (leads to strong bones). It fights aging, supports healing & repair of skin & protects from free-radicals that cause aging.
- Bananas are loaded with potassium, great for providing a boost of energy, tons of fibre & digestive health benefits, contain tons of B vitamins, iron, calcium & magnesium. They are heart & eye healthy & may help treat depression, anemia & morning sickness!
Not only are these cookies super healthy, but the best part about them is that YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW IT. They are so chewy & moist on the inside, but just the right amount of crispy, crumbly & toasted on the outside. They will make all your healthy cookie dreams come true. They are basically the definition of TEXTURE GOALS, ya feel me?
YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN WARNED: The batter with the ingredient quantities listed below will give you enough for 12 mini cookies. You may (or may not) want to double your batch, IF Y’ALL KNOW WHAT’S GOOD FOR YOU.
Now, without further ado, let’s discuss how to make them (SIMPLE AF, SERIOUSLY).
- 3/4 cup of organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. of gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ALL MY VEGAN BABIES: Sub for vegan protein powder of your choice!
TO MAKE (12 cookies):
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas.
- Add ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until fully combined & incorporated & you’ve got cookie batter, baby!
- If you want your cookies to spread less, chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- If not (or once chilled), roll the batter into cookies & place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake at 350F for 23-25 minutes. Remove from the oven & let cool on the being sheet for 5-10 minutes before lifting (to let them harden & prevent them from crumbling or breaking apart).
- Store in airtight container & DEVOUR!