Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free Tigernut, Pistachio, Mulberry Maca Vanilla Crumbly AF Stovetop Granola a.k.a. Your Healthy Granola Clusters Dream Come True!
I’m almost done with the meal prep recipes from today – SO EXCITED for you guys to try them all (P.S. Please never be shy to share your feedback with me, whether it be negative or positive. I’m all ears!).
Since I got such a great response from you all when I posted m first stovetop granola recipe (HERE), I decided I’d make another one today, but obviously, I CHANGED THINGS UP! There’s something about stovetop granola that ignites a fire in me, a.k.a. IT MAKES ME WANT TO MAKE IT. I think it’s because it’s easy. No, I’m not usually a lazy person. But ya know, if I have 7 or 8 recipes to meal prep on a Saturday & I can make this one, JUST AS DELICIOUS as if I had to bake it in the oven, but a lot quicker & simpler, I’M ALL FOR IT. (AND LEZ BE HONEST, I BET YOU GUYS ARE TOO!!!).
I’m a freaking sucker for good granola. My two favourite packaged ones (& two of the only ones I’d actually eat) are by Purely Elizabeth & One Degree Organics. Both of these companies make a conscious effort to create their granolas with the cleanest ingredients, less sugar than most store-bought ones & organic, natural & sprouted ingredients (whenever possible!). BUT because these brands are so great & contain such healthy & clean ingredients, they are PRICEY AF. That’s why sometimes, instead of restocking on them, I’ll opt for making my own homemade granola! That’s where this babe comes in.
It’s made with:
- gluten-free rolled oats
- raw organic unpasteurized honey (which you can swap out & replace with maple syrup to make this granola vegan)
- Ceylon cinnamon
- pure organic vanilla extract
- Celtic sea salt
- raw organic yellow maca powder
- raw organic pistachios
- dried organic mulberries
Guys… THIS GRANOLA IS SO PERFECT & provides so many health benefits, IT HURTS.
All you need to make it?
A wooden spoon,
A few very easy ingredients that are totally versatile & customizable, based on your preferences!
Oh & just 10 minutes of your oh-so-precious time!
I absolutely love the idea of a homemade granola because:
- it’s simple & easy to make – NO BAKING NECESSARY!
- it doesn’t contain anything bad – no refined sugars, no syrups, no gums, no fillers, no preservatives, no added salts & no unhealthy processed, refined or hydrogenated oils!
- you don’t have to leave your house to go out & buy it (this one applies to all mah babes dealing with this harsh Montreal winter)
- YOU CAN’T EAT JUST ONE CLUSTER because it’s just so perfect!
- you can add your own special twist to it – you can add or replace some of the ingredients with other nuts/seeds, chocolate chips, dried fruit, maple flakes, spices (nutmeg), coconut, cacao nibs or whatever else tickles your fancy!)
- IT’S JUST REAL FREAKING WHOLE FOODS.
The ingredients in this babe are full of fibre, prebiiotics, good-for-you carbs, plant-based protein, healthy fats, tons of vitamins & minerals, It’s filling, satisfying & delicious!
The maca adds a little extra dose of health by providing tons of skin health benefits, helping balance hormones, regulate mood & help the body cope with stress & symptoms of anxiety or other mood disorders, boosts sex drive & provides a natural source of sustained energy!
Did you guys know that tigernuts are a superfood & contain an amazing source of iron, potassium, magnesium & PREBIOTIC FIBRE? Prebiotic fibre is more crucial than we think to the proper functioning & optimal health of our gut! Prebiotics are the fuel & fertilizer for the healthy bacteria that’s already lining our gut! They thereby promote the growth of healthy micro-organisms in the gut!
As for mulberries, they are a great alternative to raisins because they contain less sugar (but they’re still as chewy & delicious!). But, that’s not the only reason why they’re so good for you!
- A 1/4 cup serving of mulberries contains 121% of the RDV of vitamin C – talk about a dried fruit that will boost the immune system, contains antioxidants, provides tons of benefits for hair & skin health & naturally boosts collagen production!
- They support healthy blood sugar levels
- Improve digestive health
- Help protect against certain types of damage & cancer caused by oxidative stress & damage to the cells
- Boost eye health by preventing macular degeneration & boost heart health & metabolism
- Help fight the signs of aging
- Promote hair growth
- Strengthen the kidneys & liver
- Act as a natural cognitive enhancer & neuro-protectant & help protect against brain damage & memory impairment.
- They’re also an amazing source of iron, vitamin K, potassium, manganese & B complex vitamins
- They are ant-inflammatory & help improve blood circulation
- They cleanse the blood & help detoxify the liver
- May help with constipation by calming nerves
WOAH. All that from a berry, YES, A BERRY!!!!!!
Kay, now go out & get yourself some mulberries. Make sure they are unsweetened! And then, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1/4 cup of raw organic pistachios;
- 1/4 cup of sliced tigernuts;
- 1/4 tsp. of Celtic sea salt;
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon;
- 2 tsp. yellow maca;
- 2 tbsp. raw organic unpasteurized creamed honey (Swap for maple syrup for vegan option!)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of dried organic mulberries (unsweetened)
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS: Maple flakes, hemp/chia/flax/pumpkin/sesame seeds, organic unsweetened shredded coconut, chocolate chips, cacao nibs, other nuts/seeds/peanuts, other dried fruit, freeze-dried fruit, ginger chunks, etc.
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the oats, pistachios & tigernuts & toast for about 3 minutes, STIRRING OFTEN!
- Make sure to stir often – if not, the oats will most probably burn!
- You want the oats / nuts to be fragrant & lightly browned!
- Now, add in the sea salt, cinnamon & maca & toss to combine until uniform & all ingredients are combined.
- Drizzle the honey & vanilla. Lower the heat to low & mix the honey/vanilla through for about 3-4 minutes, until dried out.
- Throw in the mulberries at the very end & toss to combine them with the rest of the ingredients.
- You might notice that your granola is not clustered yet – IT’S NORMAL! Don’t panic!!!!!
- Remove from the heat (before it has time to burn) & let cool. Once it cools, you’ll see that it will form little granola clusters!
- DEVOUR STAT or store in an airtight container or Mason jar for about a week & a half – 2 weeks, BUT TRUST ME, IT WILL NOT LAST ANYWAY!!!