These CINNAMON PEAR CRUMBLE OATMEAL COOKIES were the last item on my meal prep menu!
I don’t even know where to start with these babies! My goal was to create a gluten-free healthy version of a pear crumble (Rockaberries style, ya know?) & need I say, mission accomplished!
By now, you guys are probably used to this but I’m about to tell y’all what’s so damn amazing about these bites of wonderfulness! (YES, they are wonderful!)
- They’re filled with fibre, protein & healthy fats!
- Super rich in antioxidants, thanks to the oats & pears!
- They’re anti-inflammatory, heart healthy & anti-microbial thanks to the Ceylon cinnamon!
- They’re completely dairy free (They’re not vegan though because I used an egg – I haven’t tried them with a flax or chia egg, but I suppose it would work & it’s definitely worth a try. If you do happen to try & make a vegan version, leave a comment down below to let me know how they turn out!)
- They are gluten-free!
- They are naturally sweetened with date sugar, which is raw, unprocessed & unrefined & is basically just ground up dates. This is a great sugar alternative for those looking for something more natural & lower on the glycemic index.
- Great for snacking, breaky & even good enough to be a dessert!
- They’re chewy, thick, just the right amount of naturally sweet, indulgent & crumbly AF on the outside!
- They’re quick. simple & easy to make. All you need is one bowl, a few ingredients & 10 minutes to bake!
- They’re super flavourful & delish!
BTW, in case you’re wondering, nope I can’t go a week of meal prepping without making cookies!! I NEED MAH COOKIES! #NOSHAME. I mean, my logic is, I’d rather have a fresh, delicious, healthy & clean batch of cookies ready for when a craving hits, as opposed to eating a box full of packaged & processed cookies! Ya feel me? I KNOW YOU DO. Anywho, whether you do or don’t, take your chances, trust me & let these cookies be WHAT WILL CHANGE YOUR MENTALITY ABOUT BAKING YOUR OWN HEALTHY COOKIES (without feeling like you are skimping or depriving yourself at all!).
Instead of using whole wheat flour or any other type of flour or GF option, I decided to go for gluten-free oat flour for the added protein & fibre & to give these babies the perfect crumbly pie-ish texture I was looking for!
Now, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!
BTW, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED... your kitchen is going to smell like utter heaven when these babes are baking & TBH, it’s going to be hard to resist opening your oven & eating one halfway through baking time. BUT, if you’re not making ’em vegan, remember, the batter contains an egg & RAW EGGS ARE A NO-NO, so there’s some motivation. AND IF YOU’RE MAKING THE VEGAN VERSION, GOOD LUCK! It’ll be hard to resist, but just think about how delish & crumbly these babies will be fresh out ‘da oven!
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup of raw organic date sugar (Swap for coconut sugar, if you prefer & add another 1/8 or 1/4 cup, if you prefer a sweeter cookie!)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 pear, peeled, cored & diced finely!
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside.
- Add all your ingredients to a large bowl & mix with a wooden spoon, until fully combined & incorporated. There should be no leftover chunks of oats or flour.
- Use a tbsp. to scoop out the dough & form a cookie (I made medium-sized cookies, but do what makes you happy – make a smaller or larger cookie based on your preferences!).
- Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets & slightly space them apart. Use your fingers to pat the top of the cookie to flatten it a bit & make it’s holding together!
- Bake the babes for 10-12 minutes, until the bottom of the cookie turns lightly browned, the tops are crumbly & your kitch smells like cookie heaven!
- Let the babes cool on the baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes & then taste ’em. JK, taste ’em right away!
- Once cooled, store the babes in an airtight container & refrigerate.
- DEVOUR! (Not like you aren’t already… right?)