Hello again my babes!
As you guys ALSO know, as part of meal prep Saturdays, I like to roast or sauté some veggies to have on hand throughout the week for bowls, side dishes, salads or just to munch on throughout the day!
Today, I went the cauliflower route! Y’all know I’ve got a legit obsession with cauliflower, right? NOW YOU KNOW. This is a simple, easy but very flavourful dish that pairs well with anything from chicken breast to grilled meats to fish, seafood, bowls & salads!
I explained to you guys in a previous blog post that when it comes to cruciferous veggies (especially), it’s always best to cook/steam/roast or sauté them as opposed to eating them raw because they can be rather hard on the digestive system, especially if your digestion is not on fleek! Even when I freeze my cauliflower for my smoothies, I like to steam it before, even just for 5 minutes, to make sure that it doesn’t have the opposite effect of what I want it to do: I want the fibre & all the benefits it entails, but I don’t want it to bloat me or be hard on my digestive system. Ya feel me?
Anywho, back to this cauliflower! There’s nothing THAT SPECIAL about it, but if you like chipotle & paprika & you like your veggies to have a bit of a flavourful Mexican vibe to them, you will ADORE these! The ingredients are super simple, definitely things you have on hand in your pantry & it takes hardly any effort to prepare! Let me explain!
But wait, before, in a nutshell, what are some of the benefits of cauliflower? TBH, I can go on for days about the benefits, but if I had to give you guys a brief description… I’d say:
- Fights inflammation
- High source of vitamin C & K
- Contains antioxidants
- Fibre-rich – improves digestion & detoxification
- Balances hormones
- Preserves eye health
- Boosts brain & heart health
OH & I added coconut vinegar, which also has tons of health benefits:
- Helps fight infection!
- Regulates blood sugar levels!
- Maintains healthy bones!
- Increases energy levels!
- Helps promote healthy digestion!
- Repairs body tissue!
- Keeps the gut healthy!
- Keeps hormones in check!
- Rejuvenates the skin!
- Provides hair benefits!
Don’t worry, if you don’t have coconut vinegar on hand, you can swap it out for some good ‘ol apple cider vinegar or some coconut aminos, based on your preference!
- 1 head of cauliflower (florets only – keep them relatively big so they don’t break apart when baking)
- 1/4 cup of coconut vinegar (or raw organic apple cider vinegar or coconut aminos)
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Celtic sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl, season with all the seasonings & toss to combine & coat.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place florets on baking sheet, making sure not to pile them & roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Once roasted, broil on high for 2-4 minutes.
- Let cool & DEVOUR!