Baked Indian-Spiced Chicken Breast a.k.a. CURRY-ing You All The Way To Flavour Heaven!
Since I stayed away from the meats in the Caribbean, it’s safe to say that I missed my chicken breast! I was also craving some good ‘ol Indian spices! So INDIAN CHICKEN BREAST IT IS!
As you guys know, when it comes to meal prep, I like to prep a blend of plant-based protein & chicken/turkey so that I can change up my protein sources throughout the week based on what I’m in the mood for!
What’s great about this recipe is:
- It’s super flavourful!
- You get all the benefits of apple cider vinegar, which you can read about here, as well as those of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, such as: vitamin C, antioxidants, energy boost, balancing the body’s pH levels & providing an immune-system boost!
- It’s versatile AF: You can use the chicken in Buddha or power bowls, chop it up & throw it into a salad to make a chicken salad, have it as your main dish with a side of quinoa or rice & roasted or steamed veggies, use it to make an Indian-themed club sandwich or wrap or use it in lettuce wraps, if you want to go more green!
- It’s easy to make, requires very simple ingredients & is super meal-prep friendly!
- The fact that it’s baked means that you can get it into the oven & multitask & do other stuff while it’s baking away! Productivity, FTW!
- CURRRRRY POWDER! HELLO!
- 1 package of lean chicken breast (Make sure to clean it & remove the fat!!!!)
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 HEAPING tbsp. of raw organic old-fashioned mustard
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Black pepper + Celtic sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a medium bowl & mix until fully combined.
- Add the chicken breast to the bowl with the marinade, coat the chicken in it, cover & refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavours meld & chicken absorb marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450F & line a baking sheet with parchment.
- After 30 min.: Place the chicken breast on the baking sheet & pour any leftover marinade over it.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 450F.
- Broil on high for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven & DEVOUR!