Collagen Moringa Chlorella Strawberry Shake a.k.a. When KITK & Her Green Smoothies Meet Again!
If you’re in Montreal, y’all know that it’s quite the freaking blizzard out there today, but nothing will stop me from a smoothie (NOPE, not even almost -30 temperatures!). While I was away on holiday, obviously I couldn’t make my smoothies like I do at home & let me tell ya, I missed the heck out of them (But I didn’t realize JUST HOW MUCH I MISSED MY GREENS UNTIL MY FIRST SIP!).
ANYWHO, WOAH! Guys, today I had my first smoothie in almost TWO WEEKS & boy did it make me happy. YES, I’m at a point in my life where a good smoothie puts a damn big smile on mah face!
P.S. Before we get into the details of THIS babe of a smoothie:
- Read this post to understand why I incorporate greens into my smoothies: Why I Add Greens To My Smoothies (Or Green Juice!)
- Read this post to understand why I’m so obsessed with chlorella: Why You Should Chlorella It Up!
- Read this post to understand how I construct my smoothies: How To Build-A-Smoothie the KITK Way a.k.a. My Magic Smoothie Formula!
Now, back to this smoothie! Today, I went with a COLLAGEN MORINGA CHLORELLA STRAWBERRY SHAKE & let me tell ya, it took me to cloud freaking nine!!! It’s all things silky, smooth, creamy, delicious, nutritious, naturally sweet, superfood-infused, protein-packed & jammed with all the benefits of collagen from everything from hair, skin, nails, joints, muscles, bones, gut health & mood!
BTW, it’s also packed with antioxidants (thanks to all the berries), anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal & anti-microbial perks (thanks to the cinnamon) & tons of fibre (thanks to all the fruits, veggies & cauliflower).
Chlorella & I are tight, but Moringa is newer for me & I’m so excited to start incorporating it into my smoothies!
Why Moringa though?
Great source of fibre & great for digestion
Fights the signs of aging
Nervous system health
Protects the liver
Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal & anti-viral
Stabilizes mood & promotes the production of serotonin
Healthy skin & eyes & tons of omega fatty acids
Rich in amino acids (building blocks of of protein)
Balances hormones & blood sugar levels
Contains 3x more potassium than banana, 4x more calcium than milk, 36x more magnesium than egg, 25x more iron than spinach, 7x more vitamin C than orange, 2x more protein than milk & yogurt & 4x more vitamin A than carrots!!
Now that you understand what all the hype is about, let’s talk about how to make this baby!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins collagen peptides (Replace with more protein powder if you want to make it vegan!)
- 1 scoop of Iron Vegan vanilla sprouted vegan protein
- 1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries
- A heaping handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp. Moringa leaf powder
- 1 tbsp. Chlorella powder
- A few chunks of steamed then frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms organic unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water & a few ice cubes
- Topping: Wild blueberries & Ceylon cinnamon
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until smoothie consistency is obtained!
- If you’re one for liquid-y smoothies, add more water or almond milk!
- If you’re one for thicker or creamier smoothies, add more protein, collagen or cauliflower!
- Pour into a tall mug & top with the blueberries & cinnamon & SIP AWAY!!!!!