Asian-Style Cauliflower Rice With Celery, Onion, Garlic, Turmeric & Ginger a.k.a. Anti-Inflammatory Recipes On Fleek!
Asian-style cauliflower rice with celery, onion, garlic, turmeric & ginger, anyone?
Here’s a great low-carb alternative to rice for all things Buddha bowl bases, side dishes & as an add-in for salads!
It’s all things:
- packed with amino acids & enzymes!
- low in sodium & high in anti-inflammatory & gut-healing spices!
- easy, simple & quick to prepare!
Coconut aminos are a great alternative to good old soy sauce because they contain ZERO SOY (making them a lot better for digestive health & ridding you of any & all of the health issues that have been associated with soy-laden products), tons of amino acids & enzymes, which make them great for helping build muscle, provide energy & provide the building blocks for protein, as well as tons of enzymes, making them great for digestive & gut health. And guess what? You get all of this (that you don’t get from soy sauce) AND THEY STILL TASTE JUST AS DELICIOUS, IF NOT MORE!!!!!
This cauliflower rice is great because it combines the sweetness of an Asian-style dish, with some zing from the garlic & tons of flavour from the turmeric & ginger. The turmeric & ginger also make it an anti-inflammatory, soothing, healing & anti-microbial dish! The rice vinegar adds a little bit of a bitter touch to counter the sweetness & the minced onion & garlic powder seal the deal & help make this dish absolutely DELICIOUS (as if it wasn’t already!). And last but not least, the chilli flakes add just the right amount of spice to get your juices flowing (& your mouth on fire… KIDDING!!!).
And now, without further ado, in hopes that my revealing of the recipe will help you control your drool, let’s get right to it!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 head of cauliflower (florets only, processed in food processor until rice-like consistency is obtained)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup of coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. of organic unsweetened & sodium-free rice vinegar (BEWARE: Most rice vinegar out there is “seasoned”, which means it contains added sugar & salt)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of dried red pepper chilli flakes
- Celtic sea salt + black pepper to taste
Ok, now for that HOW-TO?
- Pulse your cauli florets in your food processor until rice consistency is obtained (you want it to be all chopped up & look like rice, but make sure not to over-process to the point where it becomes mushy!)
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add onion & garlic. Sauté until garlic is fragrant & browned & onion is translucent (about 3-4 minutes). Now, add in the celery & sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Once the celery turns a darker green & looks relatively cooked through, add the rice. Lower your heat.
- Remove the skillet from the heat & season with sauces/spices. Toss to coat the rice in the seasoning.
- Raise heat to medium. Place skillet back on stove & cook for 2-3 more minutes, until all spices/seasonings have been absorbed & cauli-rice is cooked through (but not mushy… unless of course, you like mushy rice… BUT LIKE, ARE YOU WEIRD?!).
- Leftovers will keep well (a.k.a. THIS RECIPE IS MEAL-PREP FRIENDLY) if sealed in an airtight container & refrigerated!