In honour of the holiday season, I figured I’d leave you guys with one more healthy (but delicious) treat that’s easy to whip up & a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
(P.S. I just want to take a second to wish all of you babes a Happy Late Chanukah (again), Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & a Happy New Year!!! Thank you so much for all your love, support, motivation & encouragement this year. I could not have gotten this far without you guys!!!! I love you all from the bottom of my heart & I can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store for us! Stay tuned for TONS more delish recipes, health, fitness, skincare & beauty tips coming your way!)
The great thing about biscotti is that you can find a reason to enjoy it at any hour of the day:
- for breaky with a warm almond or coconut milk latte;
- as a snack with some kombucha or tea;
- as dessert or a late-night snack!
What’s great about these (I mean, what isn’t?!) is that they are:
- super crunchy & crumbly (thanks to the blend of almond & coconut flour);
- completely grain, gluten, refined-sugar, egg & dairy-free!
- they are also vegan.
- the dried cranberries add the perfect amount of sweet & tart & they are just so delicious when they’re chewy, caramelized & baked!
- naturally sweetened with Yacon syrup, which contains prebiotics, is very low on the glycemic index compared to other natural sweeteners & is 100% raw & natural!
- packed with antioxidants & vitamin C!
- a great source of healthy fats thanks to the pistachios, almond & coconut flour!
I even threw in some psyllium husk to make these EXTRA healthy & a great snack to help heal or boost gut health!
Trust me, YOU WANT & NEED THESE IN YOUR LIFE (& The best part is that the batter takes only five minutes to prepare the batter… but wait, the biscotti will disappear EVEN faster. I swear!).
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
P.S. You have been warned. You may want to double your batch. This stuff will go QUICK!
- 1 cup of natural almond flour;
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour;
- 1 tbsp. of psyllium husk (OR other powder of your choice, such as: maca, baobab, reishi, ashwaganda, cordyceps, etc.);
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda;
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt;
- 1/2 cup of Yacon syrup (OR pure organic maple syrup OR coconut flower syrup);
- 1/4 cup of raw organic pistachios (Swap for other nut of your choice, if you prefer: walnuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews etc.);
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened organic dried cranberries (Swap for raisins, shredded coconut, vegan chocolate chips or chunks or other dried fruit/chocolate of your choice!).
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper;
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients & using a wooden spoon/your hands, gently mix & knead until fully combined;
- Shape the dough into one (or two; depending how big you want your biscotti) log & place directly on the baking sheet;
- I shaped mine directly on the baking sheet so that I wouldn’t have to transfer it & risk breaking it;
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes if you’re making one large log (like I did) or for 10-12 minutes (if you’re making two smaller ones);
- Remove from the oven & allow to cool for one hour;
- I know, it’s hard to resist the temptation to devour the log as is, fresh out ‘da oven, but the cooling part is essential to get that crispy crunchy biscotti texture after bake number two! I promise, the wait is not SO bad. JUST THINK OF THE CRUMBLE & CRUNCH COMING YOUR WAY SOON!
- Once cooled, we go for ROUND TWO OF BAKING! Slice each log into slices (based on your desired thickness). Make sure you have room on the baking sheet for the slices to be single/separated (a.k.a. don’t pile them!).
- Bake again for 10-15 minutes (10 if you’re doing two small logs & 15 if you’re doing one larger one!).