Frozen chocolate coconut collagen adaptogenic cubes, anyone?
GUYS. OMG. OMG. These chocolate cubes are REVOLUTIONARY!
Filled with collagen, protein, ashwaganda, coconut, almonds & Ceylon cinnamon, this is the pure definition of HEALTHY chocolate! (And wanna know the best part? Yes. You do. You don’t even need cacao powder or a melted chocolate bar to make it happen!).
So how exactly is this healthy chocolate? Fine, I give you that. It’s a valid question & concern. Let me explain!
- The Ceylon cinnamon makes these babies anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal & anti-microbial! Cinnamon also contains tons of antioxidants & is super heart healthy!
- The coconut (double the fun, a.k.a. oil & shreds) adds tons of healthy fats, enzymes, amino acids & brain-boosting benefits! It also adds a hint of natural sweetness!
- The almonds add tons of healthy fats, protein & add a little crunch to the mix. The fact that these chocolate chunks are rich in protein make them a filling & satisfying pre or post-workout snack or a great afternoon pick me up!
- They are super gut-healing thanks to the collagen & coconut! The collagen also makes them great for muscle recovery & joint pain!
- To read more about the benefits of collagen, click here: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
- To read more about gut health, click here: Everything You Need To Know To Heal Your Gut a.k.a. GO WITH YOUR GUT, ALWAYS.
- The ashwaganda adds an adaptogenic kick to the mix! It provides a sustained source of natural energy, helps improve sleep & make it more restful & helps the adrenal glands be better able to cope & deal with feelings of stress & anxiety by helping balance & regulate stress hormones & helping the body reach its ultimate state of homeostasis;
- In case you couldn’t already tell, these chocolates are basically a vitamin & mineral powerhouse! I can’t think of one that they DON’T contain – YES, THAT’S HOW DANG GOOD THEY ARE!!!!
- They are freaking DELIIIIIIIICOUS. Like, MAGICALLY DELICIOUS!
- Oh & wait, you don’t even need to melt chocolate, let alone add cacao powder! I CREATED MY OWN CHOCOLATE BABY!!!!!
- The texture is on fleek. Like, it’s legit, CHOCOLATE. You know those chocolates you find in boxes & you wonder how one earth they are just so chocolatey & perfect? Well, yes, these are that. Literally.
Ok, I think I’ve teased you enough. Now, let me tell you how these babies can be YOURS. ALL FREAKING YOURS. YOURS. YOURS. YOURS.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil, MELTED;
- 1/2 cup of Sun Warrior vegan sprouted & fermented chocolate protein;
- OR 1/2 cup of raw organic unsweetened cacao powder;
- 1 tbsp. raw organic slivered almonds;
- 1 tbsp. organic unsweetened shredded coconut;
- 1 tsp. ashwaganda;
- OR other adaptogen powder, such as: maca, reishi, cordyceps, etc.;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (OR add more protein for vegan alternative!);
- Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1 ice cube tray.
NOW, of that HOW-TO?
- Add all your ingredients to a medium mixing bowl & stir until all ingredients are fully combined & incorporated.
- Using a spoon, fill the tray with the chocolate! Fill the cubes about halfway!
- Freeze the tray for 1-2 hours.
- Once frozen, remove the chocolate chunks from the tray & store in an airtight container & refrigerate (or in the freezer, if you want them to stay firmer!).