Frozen Chocolate Coconut Collagen Adaptogenic Cubes a.k.a. Your Healthy Chocolate Dreams Come True (P.S. These Are So Good, They’re Revolutionary!)
Frozen chocolate coconut collagen adaptogenic cubes, anyone?
GUYS. OMG. OMG. These chocolate cubes are REVOLUTIONARY!
Filled with collagen, protein, ashwaganda, coconut, almonds & Ceylon cinnamon, this is the pure definition of HEALTHY chocolate! (And wanna know the best part? Yes. You do. You don’t even need cacao powder or a melted chocolate bar to make it happen!).
So how exactly is this healthy chocolate? Fine, I give you that. It’s a valid question & concern. Let me explain!
- The Ceylon cinnamon makes these babies anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal & anti-microbial! Cinnamon also contains tons of antioxidants & is super heart healthy!
- The coconut (double the fun, a.k.a. oil & shreds) adds tons of healthy fats, enzymes, amino acids & brain-boosting benefits! It also adds a hint of natural sweetness!
- The almonds add tons of healthy fats, protein & add a little crunch to the mix. The fact that these chocolate chunks are rich in protein make them a filling & satisfying pre or post-workout snack or a great afternoon pick me up!
- They are super gut-healing thanks to the collagen & coconut! The collagen also makes them great for muscle recovery & joint pain!
- To read more about the benefits of collagen, click here: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
- To read more about gut health, click here: Everything You Need To Know To Heal Your Gut a.k.a. GO WITH YOUR GUT, ALWAYS.
- The ashwaganda adds an adaptogenic kick to the mix! It provides a sustained source of natural energy, helps improve sleep & make it more restful & helps the adrenal glands be better able to cope & deal with feelings of stress & anxiety by helping balance & regulate stress hormones & helping the body reach its ultimate state of homeostasis;
- In case you couldn’t already tell, these chocolates are basically a vitamin & mineral powerhouse! I can’t think of one that they DON’T contain – YES, THAT’S HOW DANG GOOD THEY ARE!!!!
- They are freaking DELIIIIIIIICOUS. Like, MAGICALLY DELICIOUS!
- Oh & wait, you don’t even need to melt chocolate, let alone add cacao powder! I CREATED MY OWN CHOCOLATE BABY!!!!!
- The texture is on fleek. Like, it’s legit, CHOCOLATE. You know those chocolates you find in boxes & you wonder how one earth they are just so chocolatey & perfect? Well, yes, these are that. Literally.
Ok, I think I’ve teased you enough. Now, let me tell you how these babies can be YOURS. ALL FREAKING YOURS. YOURS. YOURS. YOURS.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil, MELTED;
- 1/2 cup of Sun Warrior vegan sprouted & fermented chocolate protein;
- OR 1/2 cup of raw organic unsweetened cacao powder;
- 1 tbsp. raw organic slivered almonds;
- 1 tbsp. organic unsweetened shredded coconut;
- 1 tsp. ashwaganda;
- OR other adaptogen powder, such as: maca, reishi, cordyceps, etc.;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (OR add more protein for vegan alternative!);
- Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1 ice cube tray.
NOW, of that HOW-TO?
- Add all your ingredients to a medium mixing bowl & stir until all ingredients are fully combined & incorporated.
- Using a spoon, fill the tray with the chocolate! Fill the cubes about halfway!
- Freeze the tray for 1-2 hours.
- Once frozen, remove the chocolate chunks from the tray & store in an airtight container & refrigerate (or in the freezer, if you want them to stay firmer!).